Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Writing Award?
Lets hope he does! Smile
We all have things we want to say, but not publicly. We all need help with them at one point. If you want a private conversation or seek private help, send me a PM.
Very good idea actually. Maybe it can be called Journalist, or "Writer" to be really basic lol. I would agree with Fragma though, some pieces of writing take a while to plan out and perfect depending on the message the writer wants to send the reader. This award would be extra motivation for writing something, and it would also be nice to have an award for the achievement of writing something professional.
(04-28-2011, 03:21 PM)Infinity Wrote: Very good idea actually. Maybe it can be called Journalist, or "Writer" to be really basic lol. I would agree with Fragma though, some pieces of writing take a while to plan out and perfect depending on the message the writer wants to send the reader. This award would be extra motivation for writing something, and it would also be nice to have an award for the achievement of writing something professional.

Having the award as "Journalist" would be too specific, and on the other hand, "Writer" would be a bit vague Tongue
Perhaps seperate awards for short stories/articles and poems/songs as they are both quite different.

(04-28-2011, 03:34 PM)BlackChaos Wrote: Having the award as "Journalist" would be too specific, and on the other hand, "Writer" would be a bit vague Tongue
Perhaps seperate awards for short stories/articles and poems/songs as they are both quite different.

I'm not sure if Omni wants a big list of awards though and he'd probably keep it down to one general writing award. Otherwise he would always have to go back and determine which award to give, and instead of only one, now he has 2 to hand out. He's the only one in charge of the award grants as far as I know.
(04-28-2011, 03:39 PM)Infinity Wrote: I'm not sure if Omni wants a big list of awards though and he'd probably keep it down to one general writing award. Otherwise he would always have to go back and determine which award to give, and instead of only one, now he has 2 to hand out. He's the only one in charge of the award grants as far as I know.

Well, then the perfect award to sum up all of them would be a "Golden Pen" award Big Grin
What do you think?
Its generalizing and yet specific to each of them.
(04-28-2011, 03:54 PM)BlackChaos Wrote: Well, then the perfect award to sum up all of them would be a "Golden Pen" award Big Grin
What do you think?
Its generalizing and yet specific to each of them.

I like that Smile Golden Pen doesn't point any specific writing style and has a nice ring to it.
We all have things we want to say, but not publicly. We all need help with them at one point. If you want a private conversation or seek private help, send me a PM.
Hey guys, I made a sample Award type thing. What do you guys think?

Award: Golden Quill
Description: "For showing knowledge in the field of creative writing."
Picture:
[Image: jnkWpU.png]

Edit: Sorry for double post, I thought it would auto add the hr tag to my above post Tongue

Also feel free to make your own awards and I'll add to the original post.
I really like the idea. Hopefully it will be implemented soon.
One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
The image you provided looks a little on the low quality side, otherwise it would look good, I think it should be noticable that the end of the feather is black to indicate that it is an oldstyle pen though. It just looks like a feather right now, and to me I would more likely use that as some type of support award. Feather is symbolic for support, so SF itself did a good job with the theme on that one lol.
(04-28-2011, 07:30 PM)Infinity Wrote: The image you provided looks a little on the low quality side, otherwise it would look good, I think it should be noticable that the end of the feather is black to indicate that it is an oldstyle pen though. It just looks like a feather right now, and to me I would more likely use that as some type of support award. Feather is symbolic for support, so SF itself did a good job with the theme on that one lol.

I'm not good with graphic stuff really. I wanted to make it look like a quill and have a white "paper" underneath it with black scribble for writing. But I am nowhere near that level. Mine was just an idea. I wanted the look of an oldstyle pen or quill, and that's what I tried going for. And yeah SF is great with the feather, I can't imagine anything else XD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SF Feather Award No Longer Available Omniscient 103 25,393 10-18-2014, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Robust
  Support Feather Award Omniscient 91 18,517 10-09-2014, 04:50 PM
Last Post: JonBD
  [Suggestion] Sticky Award Cronus 11 2,172 09-03-2013, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Fly
  Question about "Support Feather Award" AnonymousPie 5 1,770 06-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Retribute
  New Youtube Tutorial Award Omniscient 42 9,369 03-19-2012, 01:14 PM
Last Post: Alreiger