Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YouTube Copyright Policy
For all of you YouTube content producers; a fun way to learn about YouTube's Copyright Policy:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InzDjH1-9Ns&feature=player_embedded[/yt]
One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
One thing I really hate is the damn sound copyright claims, for some reason i'm allowed music on some videos, but not others. Everyone does it too, so why should it matter? (Mostly WMG and UMG I think they are) I understand why record companies wouldn't want it. But what can they do to stop it? There was no such copyright control on youtube before they came along, and everything was fine.

It's not even newer music either, so I don't understand why they feel the need to put a copyright claim on a video. What if I bought that music off iTunes? I should have the right to use it for personal purposes, and technically videos on youtube would be included by law.
(04-26-2011, 03:34 PM)Infinity Wrote: One thing I really hate is the damn sound copyright claims, for some reason i'm allowed music on some videos, but not others. Everyone does it too, so why should it matter? (Mostly WMG and UMG I think they are) I understand why record companies wouldn't want it. But what can they do to stop it? There was no such copyright control on youtube before they came along, and everything was fine.

It's not even newer music either, so I don't understand why they feel the need to put a copyright claim on a video. What if I bought that music off iTunes? I should have the right to use it for personal purposes, and technically videos on youtube would be included by law.

You make a some-what valid statement in regards to the possibility of you purchasing it on iTunes, but the thing you must remember is that the majority of others watching haven't and are being exposed to the published material free of charge.

If I was the head of a record company I personally wouldn't do anything about copyright violation on YouTube. It's going to happen no matter what, so why not take advantage of it and use it as a means to promote your artists and get them out there? Might as well.
(04-26-2011, 09:17 PM)Ambition Wrote: You make a some-what valid statement in regards to the possibility of you purchasing it on iTunes, but the thing you must remember is that the majority of others watching haven't and are being exposed to the published material free of charge.

If I was the head of a record company I personally wouldn't do anything about copyright violation on YouTube. It's going to happen no matter what, so why not take advantage of it and use it as a means to promote your artists and get them out there? Might as well.

People don't pay for the radio though. Even though I also understand that a sound file can be extracted from the video on youtube.
(04-26-2011, 10:36 PM)Infinity Wrote: People don't pay for the radio though. Even though I also understand that a sound file can be extracted from the video on youtube.

Bands and Artists are paid royalties when their song is played on the radio. The radio stations have to pay to play music.
Damn dude, this is SERIOUSLY an awesome find. The video itself is funny.
Yes. Audio can be ripped from youtube quite easily via many sites like vidtomp3.com
But I think its mostly the videos which have ads enabled that gets copyrighted. Can't really confirm it.
What about your videos Infinity?
(04-26-2011, 03:20 PM)Ambition Wrote:
For all of you YouTube content producers; a fun way to learn about YouTube's Copyright Policy:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InzDjH1-9Ns&feature=player_embedded[/yt]

This is a funny video Tongue Youtube's copyright policy sometime is giving on my nerve. Like Infinity said, we can use some music and some other is restricted. I don't thing they can protect piracy by doing this. The more restricted something is, the merrier people violate the rules. It's the human nature.
(04-27-2011, 12:17 AM)Ambition Wrote: Bands and Artists are paid royalties when their song is played on the radio. The radio stations have to pay to play music.

I meant we as the listeners don't have to pay a cent.
(05-01-2011, 07:44 AM)BlackChaos Wrote: Yes. Audio can be ripped from youtube quite easily via many sites like vidtomp3.com
But I think its mostly the videos which have ads enabled that gets copyrighted. Can't really confirm it.
What about your videos Infinity?

What about my videos?
(05-02-2011, 08:37 AM)Infinity Wrote: What about my videos?

Were your videos ad-enabled?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Bypass Youtube Copyright [Sony Vegas] Classicz 6 6,166 06-14-2011, 03:41 AM
Last Post: SeaNanners™