Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How To Fully Remove Software/Programs From Your Computer!
(06-02-2011, 07:01 PM)Resistance Wrote: You have not even tried the uninstaller yet. I cannot personally trust the built in uninstaller because a majority of the time it leaves back on average 5-10 files. Sometimes on occasion, even 200. Thats my opinion, and I approve of this message. Yeye

Opinions aren't facts, and I don't have to try the uninstaller and do testing myself on this to tell which way is better. I've heard Microsoft developers say that the original uninstaller that came with the program is the best way to remove programs completely. If anything is left behind, it's likely just to be an entry or two from trial programs, or programs with subscriptions that run out because the program that gets installed again will read that information to determine what you've already done with it. Same goes for when you install an earlier version of a program, it will say that you already have the newest version.

Some registry files are meant to be there, if you need to clear everything out, registry cleaners will determine whether they are being used or not, and you can remove everything. But in reality a registry entry is so small it's almost insignificant. And truth is, the original uninstall.exe does the best job of removing the main components of the program aside from the last couple if any.
(06-02-2011, 07:07 PM)Unleashed Wrote: Opinions aren't facts, and I don't have to try the uninstaller and do testing myself on this to tell which way is better. I've heard Microsoft developers say that the original uninstaller that came with the program is the best way to remove programs completely. If anything is left behind, it's likely just to be an entry or two from trial programs, or programs with subscriptions that run out because the program that gets installed again will read that information to determine what you've already done with it. Same goes for when you install an earlier version of a program, it will say that you already have the newest version.

Some registry files are meant to be there, if you need to clear everything out, registry cleaners will determine whether they are being used or not, and you can remove everything. But in reality a registry entry is so small it's almost insignificant. And truth is, the original uninstall.exe does the best job of removing the main components of the program aside from the last couple if any.

Once again, the powerful scan uses the original "uninstall.exe" THEN analyzes the paths the file that were "removed" and give the user options on what to remove. Therefor, it is actually better, and it is almost never any good to use registry cleansers.
[Image: t5BWm.png]
(06-02-2011, 07:11 PM)Resistance Wrote: Once again, the powerful scan uses the original "uninstall.exe" THEN analyzes the paths the file that were "removed" and give the user options on what to remove. Therefor, it is actually better, and it is almost never any good to use registry cleansers.

Not true, read my debate about that here:
http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=13858

And if your that worried about uninstalling the program in full. Take a look here:
http://www.tarma.com/support/uninstall.htm

Thanks man! Will help! Big Grin
Amazing tutorial! Thanks a lot
[Image: vnXBe.gif]
Good tut thanks, with the basic unistaller some files still left after.

Nice i needed this, i have so much crap on my computer it unreal, then when i go to remove through Control panel it freezes and crashes :/
Good tutorial. The built in in/uninstaller, especially Norton's, usually leave fragments behind in the registry.
Revo Uninstaller is a lot better than this, and it can also completely erase data from computer.
(08-11-2011, 11:34 AM)Fundamental Wrote: Good tutorial. The built in in/uninstaller, especially Norton's, usually leave fragments behind in the registry.

You need to download and use the Norton Uninstaller tool that they provide to completely uninstall their entries.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Remove Background of an Image using PowerPoint 2010 JiniOnline 2 1,071 03-13-2015, 12:42 AM
Last Post: chesterhott
  Need Good Browsers and Programs to make your computer run fast? javance 1 794 12-05-2012, 04:22 AM
Last Post: JiniOnline
  Windows Screenshot Programs [Compilation] Pulse 8 1,451 05-15-2011, 09:29 AM
Last Post: Bigandrewgold
  Programs on your computer. Deltron 59 13,214 04-25-2011, 04:29 AM
Last Post: sparkā„¢
  Screenshot programs. Detective RooTz 14 2,787 03-31-2011, 02:37 PM
Last Post: h4yr0