Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How To Fully Remove Software/Programs From Your Computer!
pretty simple and straight to the point. I would appreciate it if you made a TuT in how to remove Malware. But anyways.. Ill give this a try. Thanks
[Image: a64119.gif]
I prefer Revo Uninsatller .. I do not trust IObit
Thanks for the great tutorial. Been looking for something like this for a while (Y).
(05-30-2011, 02:16 AM)whyme? Wrote: I prefer Revo Uninsatller .. I do not trust IObit

Thats a sexy chick you have in your avatar ;)

By the way, iObit is full of crap ware in the toolbox except for a few things. Advanced SystemCare is much better.
[Image: t5BWm.png]
Best way to completely remove software is through the uninstaller that comes with the program itself, usually located in the directory with the main executable. Don't use anything else. They don't know how the program got installed on your computer as good as the original uninstaller does. The original uninstaller is designed to uninstall the program by doing everything in reverse from the install itself.

I'm not talking about Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs though. I'm talking about the actual uninstaller located in the program's folder itself.
(06-01-2011, 07:53 PM)Unleashed Wrote: Best way to completely remove software is through the uninstaller that comes with the program itself, usually located in the directory with the main executable. Don't use anything else. They don't know how the program got installed on your computer as good as the original uninstaller does. The original uninstaller is designed to uninstall the program by doing everything in reverse from the install itself.

I'm not talking about Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs though. I'm talking about the actual uninstaller located in the program's folder itself.

Hey the program is so smart it uses the programs uninstaller then the power scanner silly XD

(06-01-2011, 07:56 PM)Resistance Wrote: Hey the program is so smart it uses the programs uninstaller then the power scanner silly XD

Why would you need a program to do it for you then? Just more space on your computer that it takes up. I think the other features of the program would be better to use though
(06-01-2011, 08:01 PM)Unleashed Wrote: Why would you need a program to do it for you then? Just more space on your computer that it takes up. I think the other features of the program would be better to use though

It's for files and regkeys that were missed... Obviously you cannot trust the default uninstaller, there are files left behind a majority of the time.
(06-02-2011, 06:32 PM)Resistance Wrote: It's for files and regkeys that were missed... Obviously you cannot trust the default uninstaller, there are files left behind a majority of the time.

No the default installer is designed to remove everything, and is actually the most trustworthy.
(06-02-2011, 06:37 PM)Unleashed Wrote: No the default installer is designed to remove everything, and is actually the most trustworthy.

You have not even tried the uninstaller yet. I cannot personally trust the built in uninstaller because a majority of the time it leaves back on average 5-10 files. Sometimes on occasion, even 200. Thats my opinion, and I approve of this message. Yeye

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Remove Background of an Image using PowerPoint 2010 JiniOnline 2 1,059 03-13-2015, 12:42 AM
Last Post: chesterhott
  Need Good Browsers and Programs to make your computer run fast? javance 1 787 12-05-2012, 04:22 AM
Last Post: JiniOnline
  Windows Screenshot Programs [Compilation] Pulse 8 1,435 05-15-2011, 09:29 AM
Last Post: Bigandrewgold
  Programs on your computer. Deltron 59 13,164 04-25-2011, 04:29 AM
Last Post: spark™
  Screenshot programs. Detective RooTz 14 2,759 03-31-2011, 02:37 PM
Last Post: h4yr0