Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Persuasive Writing Tips
Persuasive Writing Tips
Written By: Ambition

Hello,

As somebody who used to find difficulty in persuasive writing, I cannot help but guess that there are others around SF who are suffering through the same dilemma. I have a little free time on my hands, so I thought I would share some tips on writing a persuasive essay.

Please let me know if this was helpful, as I am open to creating more of these on differing topics in the future.

#1 - Ensure Consistency

In regards to persuasion, I cannot stress the importance of consistency enough! If you are writing a persuasive paper, you are trying to manipulate and persuade the audience into valuing and sharing your opinion on a particular topic. If you choose to stay inconsistent, it will simply be a detriment to your argument's overall sense of authenticity. Try to find start off by garnering common ground within both parties of the debate, and build a strong argument from there. Although some may think that holding back from making a bold statement may be beneficial to your argument, I beg to differ. Putting yourself "out there" will remind the audience that you are serious about your position, and will often have them second-guess their own opinions. It is also crucial that you remain confident at all times. If you REALLY want the reader to perceive the argument in a similar manner, you need to stay collected and make wise remarks that will trigger thinking and ultimately cause the reader to second-guess their decision-making skill-sets. Most importantly, it is important that you STAY CONSISTENT with not only your stance, but the fashion of which it is presented. If you start off confident, don't get shy and beat around the bush. Remember: Consistency GLEAMS authenticity.

#2 - Society Doesn't Lie

Although it is crucial that you portray both your stance and personality as rational, do not expect your audience to simply blindly agree with your opinions. Instead of only relying on your own personal experiences to persuade the reader, do your best to back-up your statements through recognizable social factors. People are ALWAYS going to others for guidance, and it is usually then that they are persuaded. Why is this? It's simple. It is human nature to find strength and comfort in numbers. Now that you are aware of this, take advantage of it. Make sure to provide legitimate proof that you are not the only one who shares your opinion. Readers will be much more inclined to believe you if you point out that there are many who already follow the morals presented. Manipulation of this kind has been ongoing for centuries. Think of brand-names for example. The average person will pick a Dell computer over one manufactured by a non-globally-recognized organization, simply due to the numbers. They perceive Dell to be a higher-quality brand than the un-recognized one simply because of the NUMBERS!

#3 - Storytelling Is Key

Another widely-utilized persuasive tactic is storytelling. One reason why storytelling is so powerful on a persuasive platform is simply because it allows you to provide real-life examples to support your argument. Sure, you could boringly state facts and give rough number estimates, but I guarantee storytelling is a much more engaging way to present your stance. Persuading a reader is all about immersing them and making them at ease with your opinions - storytelling does exactly that. When it comes to persuasive writing, there is no better way to intrigue and allure the audience than to tell an entertaining story with a PURPOSE.

This is not complete, as I will probably be adding more persuasive tips and elements when I have free time. Please let me know what you thought about the currently listed tips. If you enjoy things like this, please tell me as I am more than happy to create threads of this genre in the future.

Thanks For Reading!

- Ambition

One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
Does anybody have any feedback? I worked hard on this and I would love for others to get some enjoyment out of it!
One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Essay Writing Help classic writer 7 2,484 04-01-2020, 12:07 PM
Last Post: johansmith688
  Essay writing tips to write a better essay petermartinez 3 1,511 06-17-2018, 10:55 PM
Last Post: JoseSheehan
  I would like to offer my essay writing support JamesPeter 0 843 07-29-2015, 12:13 AM
Last Post: JamesPeter
  I suck at writing. Help me out? Astrael 1 1,327 11-07-2011, 08:22 PM
Last Post: Criteria
  Trouble writing essays! [English] Infinity∞ 12 4,992 06-01-2011, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Aware