Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My accessory lighting
(10-20-2009, 08:58 PM)ktmrider530 Wrote: No, i know what you mean about drilling holes. I understand, use something else's power. You would go through fuses like a mofo, but still. As long as you have dash lights, your break and tail lights are working.(same fuse)

I don't use the same line. I use different fuses, or bigger fuses, depending on what is on the switch. I like L.E.D.s because they don't draw a lot of current. Only way to really blow a fuse with L.E.D.s is to arch off.
[Image: arch2.png]
(10-20-2009, 09:01 PM)ProspectDotNet Wrote: I don't use the same line. I use different fuses, or bigger fuses, depending on what is on the switch. I like L.E.D.s because they don't draw a lot of current. Only way to really blow a fuse with L.E.D.s is to arch off.
I have seen LED's blown by tying into lights. Even if it calls for a 515 they use a 20, it blows. If they use a 15 when it calls for a 15 it blows. I dunno...
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
(10-20-2009, 09:03 PM)ktmrider530 Wrote: I have seen LED's blown by tying into lights. Even if it calls for a 515 they use a 20, it blows. If they use a 15 when it calls for a 15 it blows. I dunno...

[Image: hotlinez_brake_big.jpg]

This is a classic example of tapping into brakes. People do this all the time. I personally have no taste at all for red lights. I would change the color of my tail lights if it were legal.

I'm not talking about tying directly into the brake line though. I'm talking about borrowing the power with another line that contains a fuse that is controlled by a switch. My cousin is an electrician off shore. He works on ROVs, unmanned submarines. I get most of what I know from him. I don't want you to just think I'm blurting crap out at you. I'm not being rude in any sense either. It's a discussion I understand. To each his own. I like your idea though, about the bed lights.
I have that light bar on my powerstroke. My brake lights got really dim. Never blew a fuse though. But don't worry about it, it's just a discussion. I have seen some cool crap done with lights, the bed lights are pretty cool.
(10-20-2009, 09:17 PM)ktmrider530 Wrote: I have that light bar on my powerstroke. My brake lights got really dim. Never blew a fuse though. But don't worry about it, it's just a discussion. I have seen some cool crap done with lights, the bed lights are pretty cool.

My bed needs a paint job. When we had to evacuate last year for a hurricane everything got thrown in the back of my truck. I was pissed, until I found out my house blew up. LOL
(10-20-2009, 09:19 PM)ProspectDotNet Wrote: My bed needs a paint job. When we had to evacuate last year for a hurricane everything got thrown in the back of my truck. I was pissed, until I found out my house blew up. LOL
Lol, i just laughed so hard. I'm sorry about your house, but the way you said that made me laugh so damn hard.
(10-20-2009, 09:21 PM)ktmrider530 Wrote: Lol, i just laughed so hard. I'm sorry about your house, but the way you said that made me laugh so damn hard.

Hey, it's cool. I've got a brand new one now, so it's all good.
I'm an auto-noob, so I can't contribute much. But, I can tell you that the blue looks really awesome Big Grin
(10-22-2009, 07:50 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: I'm an auto-noob, so I can't contribute much. But, I can tell you that the blue looks really awesome Big Grin

I appreciate that man. Thanks for your input. My wiring diagram will show you how I wired the toggle switches.
(10-22-2009, 07:59 PM)ProspectDotNet Wrote: I appreciate that man. Thanks for your input. My wiring diagram will show you how I wired the toggle switches.

As nice as that is, I have barely any desire to learn about cars. I put most of my time concerning trade skills into computers. I'll just settle down for a mechanic.
/lazy.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does anyone know accent lighting laws for a motorcycle? AnthonyMartello 0 735 01-23-2013, 12:30 AM
Last Post: AnthonyMartello