Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early mornings
I don't know if this is in the appropriate section but mods can move it as tey see fit.

For couple of years, I've always had trouble waking up early, even when I allot myself the full 8 hour sleep cycle, which is odd. And to top things off, when I wake up early, and eat breakfast, I have a very small appetite. I know a lot of people are the same, with regards to eating less in the morning, but here's where I'm different; in the morning, right after I eat, I always have to crap right away. And the problem with that is that it leaves me feeling really weak afterwards in school/work because I didn't eat much.

I think it has something to do with my biological clock and that it's not used to metabolizing food this early.Any similarities in anyone else's eating habits?
Your mind is a powerful thing, you just need to become accustomed to eating big meals earlier on, just take it a bit at a time.

Same thing with waking up, would I be correct in assuming you lie in bed for a bit before actually getting up? If so, you need to force yourself out of bed the second you wake up, your body is used to having that little extra time to turn everything on, when you don't need it, march on over to the bathroom and splash some cold water on your face.
(04-15-2011, 08:34 AM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: would I be correct in assuming you lie in bed for a bit before actually getting up?

No you would not. I usually get up immediately. I just think that my biological clock is not working that early so I don't metabolize my food.
This usually happens to me if I eat early in the morning. I'm also tired after 10hours sleep even!
I try not to eat big in the morning when necessary (one slice of toast or just a piece of fruit).
[Image: iGvZI.png]
I had this problem for a long time, I used to stay up until 2am and wake up at 7am. Then I wouldn't be able to eat because I ate like 6 hours ago. Then I would feel tired. I just changed how many hours I slept and what I ate before I passed out.
Drink Orange Juice, it gives you a big boost in energy.
The toilet-needs after breakfast is normal, it's called the gastrocolic reflex. To everyone who's reading this post, avoid stopping this reflex and take a dump after breakfast, it's healthy.

I meet a lot of people like you with the problem of waking up in the morning. If you're past the age of 15 (end of the growth spurt), an 8 hour sleep (although healthy for the brain) is not much of a need anymore. A good thing to do, is set your alarm at about an hour before the time you need to wake up and set the snooze time for an hour. That way, you wake up on time, and the 1 hour rest before getting out of bed gives you enough time to ease yourself out and a feeling that you're rested.
Quote:My religion tells me that God made the universe. My science tells me how.

[Image: 034_p16.jpg]
I realized its not just early mornings. Every time I eat, I have to crap right after which always leaves me feeling really weak because for some reason, when I go to the washroom, I crap out everything. Maybe it's my diet.
Can you describe what your stools look like? Are they watery? Color?
If you're feeling weak every time you take a dump, I suggest drinking lots of water and perhaps some sports drinks like Gatorade so you won't get dehydrated.
Quote:My religion tells me that God made the universe. My science tells me how.

[Image: 034_p16.jpg]
I remember when my alarm clock couldn't even get me up. I sleep like a bear usually, however this past week for some strange reason, without even getting into a habit, I remember having set my alarm to around 7am, and I stayed up until 1am from the previous day. I was thinking "Oh sh*t, I hope i'm going to be able to get up tomorrow" because i'm usually tired if I stay up that late and I have work the next day. For some reason though I ended up waking up by myself at 5:30am, went back to sleep, and got up at around 6:15am again before my alarm went, so I didn't even need it that time.

I think your mind has a lot to do with it as well. Habit is also a big part of it, even though that wasn't the case this time. I was stressing out about having to wakeup the next day that it must have been subconsciously programmed into my brain for me to get up instinctively on the following day.