Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Marijuana Could soon be LEGAL in Canada!
(04-19-2011, 06:21 AM)Scalise Wrote: I could actually see crime rates increasing. People that buy weed have established jobs and can afford that dime here and there.

The dealers are trying to make a living, you cut those jobs, they search for other alternatives. More than likely they will go for get rich quick schemes. Theft rates will probably go up.

The majority of those up for legalization are the 17 year old kids that don't want to get in trouble anymore and don't truly understand the repercussions such a drastic movement such as this will have on the entire country.

That's quite true.
But the crimes involving marijuana will be cut down, a lot of drug deals and investigations are only for weed.
If they took that out of the cops worries, they would have more time to go after all the coke, heroin, pills and everything else dealers.

Which are the real problem in society.
[Image: baked1.png]
(04-19-2011, 06:21 AM)Scalise Wrote: I could actually see crime rates increasing. People that buy weed have established jobs and can afford that dime here and there.

The dealers are trying to make a living, you cut those jobs, they search for other alternatives. More than likely they will go for get rich quick schemes. Theft rates will probably go up.

The majority of those up for legalization are the 17 year old kids that don't want to get in trouble anymore and don't truly understand the repercussions such a drastic movement such as this will have on the entire country.

A dealer with a brain and quality product would simply start selling it legitimately, as to the scumbags lacing their crap weed so it seems good, who cares about them? I sure don't.
(04-19-2011, 07:02 AM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: A dealer with a brain and quality product would simply start selling it legitimately, as to the scumbags lacing their crap weed so it seems good, who cares about them? I sure don't.

Lol, you realize that when it does become legalized people won't be able to sell it at free will. The government will have complete control. They will specify growing rooms, certify dedicated farmers, and set their own prices.

You could compare it to cigarettes and government involvement I suppose, but much more strict.
I don't splel check.
(04-19-2011, 07:14 AM)Scalise Wrote: Lol, you realize that when it does become legalized people won't be able to sell it at free will. The government will have complete control. They will specify growing rooms, certify dedicated farmers, and set their own prices.

You could compare it to cigarettes and government involvement I suppose, but much more strict.

I don't think it would be that strict, just like selling alcohol (here anyways) simply requires an establishment that meets the guidelines and then apply for a license, like I said, the smart ones with good product could do it.

Yes they will apply a percentage or certain dollar figure of tax but beyond that the price is still up to the retailer/seller, just like tobacco.

Anyways I don't see it actually becoming legalized, they will simply amend the current laws to prevent prosecution of medical users who buy at street level, although I don't know why the hell they would do that in the first place, government medical weed here is 5/gram...
I'm perfectly fine here in CT with the way things are. It's decriminalized under an ounce, anything above that is considered trafficking.

If you get caught with any most of the times the cops just tell you to throw it away, unless you get a douche that will ticket you for like $200. No more jail time and no kept records sounds good to me.

Honestly, how hard is it to hide? I don't understand how people keep getting busted all the time.
I don't splel check.
(04-19-2011, 06:21 AM)Baked Wrote: So I guess you're from the Netherlands.
It seems nice there, so it's only decriminalized there ?

Actually no. I am from Bulgaria. It's not legit, but the cops here are corrupted and can't catch you.. ;d
(04-19-2011, 07:35 AM)Scalise Wrote: I'm perfectly fine here in CT with the way things are. It's decriminalized under an ounce, anything above that is considered trafficking.

If you get caught with any most of the times the cops just tell you to throw it away, unless you get a douche that will ticket you for like $200. No more jail time and no kept records sounds good to me.

Honestly, how hard is it to hide? I don't understand how people keep getting busted all the time.

Yeah anything under 30 grams here is a ticket, I live oin my own so there's nothing they can do to stop me really, cops can't get a warrant simply because someone saw you smoking a joint on your porch lol.

I can't even remember the last time I heard of someone getting caught with weed, I think it was mostly a high school thing, kids getting high at lunch and getting caught by cops etc.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  200mW Laser Legal in USA? Deceive 9 1,661 07-23-2011, 02:53 PM
Last Post: Launcher
  is this legal Reykjavik 15 1,271 06-24-2011, 10:55 PM
Last Post: mikeandike
  Marijuana Smokers Shades 20 2,733 06-21-2011, 04:11 PM
Last Post: Omniscient