Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Marijuana Could soon be LEGAL in Canada!
(04-15-2011, 01:34 AM)Mr Kitty Cat Wrote: It has many other affects on the brain, my moms a doctor and she said so.

Sorry, but that reply was ignorant.
(04-16-2011, 03:59 PM)Epicly Wrote: Do you know how people grow it? The seeds itself are nature, but when they come into a dealers hand they are nothing nature about it. To make it strong they add grass growers, to grow it safety they grow it instead with artificial lighting, to make it stronger they have to use powerful chemicals to actually produce an intense feeling. And the plant itself only has a small part where you can actually grab it and smoke it, and overall the thing will make you dumb if you smoke it for awhile, just like drinking. I'm in Canada myself, and none of what you said happens, being don't go into a city square such as Vancouver, or Toronto to smoke it. If you did you know what would happen to the economy? Sure the government would save a ton of money on law enforcement and gain money from taxes, but what would it do to kids who smoke it. It's illegal, but what's the right age to smoke it? None cause it's bad in general.

Nothing nature about it.

You're so wrong it's hilarious, THC occurs naturally, growers have simply bred the best strains with each to produce better strains, much like we do with vegetables and fruits, there is no "powerful chemicals" added LOL. Artificial lighting simply encourages growth, not to mention plenty is grown outdoors still.
I hope it doesn't go legal, or else expect a lot of stoners heading for the north.
[Image: t5BWm.png]
(04-16-2011, 03:59 PM)Epicly Wrote: Do you know how people grow it? The seeds itself are nature, but when they come into a dealers hand they are nothing nature about it. To make it strong they add grass growers, to grow it safety they grow it instead with artificial lighting, to make it stronger they have to use powerful chemicals to actually produce an intense feeling. And the plant itself only has a small part where you can actually grab it and smoke it, and overall the thing will make you dumb if you smoke it for awhile, just like drinking. I'm in Canada myself, and none of what you said happens, being don't go into a city square such as Vancouver, or Toronto to smoke it. If you did you know what would happen to the economy? Sure the government would save a ton of money on law enforcement and gain money from taxes, but what would it do to kids who smoke it. It's illegal, but what's the right age to smoke it? None cause it's bad in general.

Nothing nature about it.

Obviously you don't live in a major city then. I walk down to city square all the time when the Marijuana march is going on, and toke up. Now, as for this "They add chems, and crap" You're dead freakin wrong. If they added grass growers and crap, the plant would die. It needs a certain amount of nitrates, and everything else to grow properly, adding something like Scott's miracle grow is just going to kill it. Once the dealers have it in their hands, they bag it, and distribute it. If you lace it with another drug, you're loosing money. If you lace it with a chemical that has the potential to kill, you're asking to go to jail.

Now, as for your theory on "You can only smoke the bud" you're also wrong. People chew the stems, and they take the 'Trim' and either make Hash from it, or they make oil. Basically every part of the plant is used.

You need to do some research before you comment.
(04-16-2011, 04:58 PM)The High Roller Wrote: I hope it doesn't go legal, or else expect a lot of stoners heading for the north.

If anything Canada wants that, more tourist revenue. Why do you think Amsterdam is so successful
I don't splel check.
(04-16-2011, 07:18 PM)Scalise Wrote: If anything Canada wants that, more tourist revenue. Why do you think Amsterdam is so successful

Marijuana isn't legal in Amsterdam. It's only decriminalized if I remember correctly. If Canada legalizes marijuana, they're going to tax it, and they're going to make a fudge load of money within the first 6 months. It costs nothing to grow it (Unless you're talking about indoor growing.) So there would only be profit.
I'm not sure this is going to happen because goverment sux
(04-16-2011, 08:32 PM)The Holy crap. Wrote: Marijuana isn't legal in Amsterdam. It's only decriminalized if I remember correctly.

It's legal in cafes (and maybe in private homes?). Just not out in public, therefore there really isn't a need for dealers.
I don't splel check.
(04-15-2011, 01:20 AM)Mr Kitty Cat Wrote: It will be legal medically, but not for personal use

Yes thats what they probably meant with it.
(04-15-2011, 11:41 AM)Scalise Wrote: Lol, everything you say is completely wrong/ignorant.

Any prolonged form of smoke inhalation will cause damage to the lungs. Not to mention marijuana has been proven to kill brain cells. Why do you think there's been reported cases of it being used brain cancer cells?

If it were legal, the government would have complete control as to what it wishes to do with it. Drug dealers would lose business and search for other alternatives to make money. Without a doubt, the crime rate, at least here in the US, would increase.

As for the government saying you can't eat, LOL. Food is critical to human survival, go look at the heirarchy of needs. I'm sure marijuana is far from the top.

I'm up for legalization but such idiots as yourself that don't understand the repercussions make it hard for such laws to get passed through.

Shut your mouth, moron. Thumbsup

One word dude "vaporize."
The way people choose to smoke has negative effects on the lungs, not the marijuana itself. Tobacco is way worse, you talk like you know it all.

But you have clearly no experience, it just makes you lazy but opens your mind drastically. I'd like to see the studies where it says marijuana kills brain cells, because there are studies that say it has no effect.

I seriously don't know what to believe. But OP, it's not going to be a while for the legalization in all of Canada, But Ontario might have it legalized in 90 days.

Health Canada is going to take control of the whole thing, if you don't believe that you're stupid. There will be medicinal centers you can get it, probably laws similar to the tobacco laws but more restricted.

For everyone that is claiming "Oh it has negative effects on your body and brain." So ? Doesn't tobacco and alcohol have negative effects, how about all those prescription drugs doctors have no problem handing out. Like seriously, can you be anymore bias ? Just because it is seen as a "drug" doesn't mean it is. It's like saying every herbal mixture that makes you feel good inside is a drug.

Edibles like muffins, brownies, cakes and cookies that have THC incorporated in the recipe are the safest thing to do. They have 0 negative effects, they can't hurt your lungs because you aren't inhaling anything. This is very possible to happen, and if it does expect me to be first in line to get a medicinal license.

Marijuana is already "decriminalized" in Canada, according to the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act, Marijuana is classified as class C, which has lowest criminal consequences. Few thing it allows and disallows :
  • Allowed to have up to 30 grams on you before being charged ( Has to be in same bag/can't be split up )
  • Allowed to smoke it on your property as long as no children under the age of 12 are present.
  • Can be high and talk to the cops, they are only allowed to search you.

A few things it disallows (obvious):
  • Growing and harvesting
  • Distribution

People saying "Isn't marijuana grown with major chemicals ? "

Like no, it's not at all. Sometimes the water has nitrogen base added to it, because the marijuana plant needs a certain PH level to optimize growing potential. The artificial lighting is used because it is on a specific schedule, which gives the plants the exact amount of light they need.

A judge in Ontario has ruled parts of the Controlled Substances and Drugs Act specifically the parts including marijuana are unconstitutional, which will probably be moving up in the courts. So marijuana might become legal within the province of Ontario in the next 90 days.
[Image: baked1.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  200mW Laser Legal in USA? Deceive 9 1,661 07-23-2011, 02:53 PM
Last Post: Launcher
  is this legal Reykjavik 15 1,271 06-24-2011, 10:55 PM
Last Post: mikeandike
  Marijuana Smokers Shades 20 2,733 06-21-2011, 04:11 PM
Last Post: Omniscient