Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to easily Bypass Email Attachment File Filtering
This could come handy but ya. Tongue
1. You have to diasble Multimedia rule under>policies>File filtering rules.
Disable rule for multimedia file types attachment. ( I am using Multimediarule as example here, same applies to rest of file filtering rules)
2. Create a New content filtering rule.
Name rule as Multimedia rule.
Apply to Inbound trrafic only.
In Message part to scan --> Attachment Name
Match type --> Wild card
contains --> add match list SAMPLE MULTIMEDIA FILE NAMES
3. Now we have to bypass one Sender.
Click on Users.
Select Sender --> Apply if sender of the message is not in the list.
Under List of Users & Groups --> Add your sender's email. ( The one you want to Bypass).
4. Notifications.
Check box to notify Administrator.
5. Actions.
Select which action you want to apply to message. ( Use log only for testing purposes)
Sent test message to verfiy if rule is working as desired.
(04-25-2011, 12:07 AM)SofiaBrown Wrote: 1. You have to diasble Multimedia rule under>policies>File filtering rules.
Disable rule for multimedia file types attachment. ( I am using Multimediarule as example here, same applies to rest of file filtering rules)
2. Create a New content filtering rule.
Name rule as Multimedia rule.
Apply to Inbound trrafic only.
In Message part to scan --> Attachment Name
Match type --> Wild card
contains --> add match list SAMPLE MULTIMEDIA FILE NAMES
3. Now we have to bypass one Sender.
Click on Users.
Select Sender --> Apply if sender of the message is not in the list.
Under List of Users & Groups --> Add your sender's email. ( The one you want to Bypass).
4. Notifications.
Check box to notify Administrator.
5. Actions.
Select which action you want to apply to message. ( Use log only for testing purposes)
Sent test message to verfiy if rule is working as desired.

I am assuming your running IE. Nobody runs IE due to too many security flaws my friend, people use Google Chrome for speed, or Mozilla Firefox to top it all. But thanks for the reference anyways. Pretty high quality first post you have to admit Oui

[Image: t5BWm.png]
(04-25-2011, 07:43 PM)The High Roller Wrote: I am assuming your running IE. Nobody runs IE due to too many security flaws my friend, people use Google Chrome for speed, or Mozilla Firefox to top it all. But thanks for the reference anyways. Pretty high quality first post you have to admit Oui

Don't talk to the bot, The High Roller.
You don't need any program to change file extensions. Just change it manually.
The tutorial is pretty much common sense. Also an easier way would be to put the file in a rar or zip archive and then email it.
(04-25-2011, 11:44 PM)Quintus Wrote: Don't talk to the bot, The High Roller.

Wow he had not been banned when I replied... Sorry, I had no idea Quintus. Tell me was it just common sense you knew that was a bot or something technical you should tell me?... HAHAHA... I feel so stupid PinchWacko
[Image: t5BWm.png]
(04-26-2011, 02:53 PM)The High Roller Wrote: Wow he had not been banned when I replied... Sorry, I had no idea Quintus. Tell me was it just common sense you knew that was a bot or something technical you should tell me?... HAHAHA... I feel so stupid PinchWacko

I would go with common sense. :p This user has been around in a lot of forums saying unrelated -- if not the first thing that appears in Google when you research the thread title -- things.