Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions on Zorin OS?
The title explains it, what are your opinions on this Linux distro?
I don't even understand the different "distro's" of Linux. Why are there so many by different developers?

Regarding Zorin... I loled. The website is webs.com yet the software is amazing.

OMG Looks awesome!
(04-10-2011, 05:07 PM)groovybluedog Wrote: I don't even understand the different "distro's" of Linux. Why are there so many by different developers?

Regarding Zorin... I loled. The website is webs.com yet the software is amazing.

OMG Looks awesome!

Because Linux is open source, everyone/anyone can change and modify the way it functions.
I youtube'd "What is linux?" and am watching "An Intro to Linux" by Thisweekinlinux. It's teaching me all about it. I'm waiting for it to stream/buffer as we speak! =3 I'm getting zorin and putting it on a virtual machine. You should get it to answer the thread. =3
Based on Ubuntu & made to look similar to Windows. Dislike.
(04-10-2011, 06:28 PM)groovybluedog Wrote: I youtube'd "What is linux?" and am watching "An Intro to Linux" by Thisweekinlinux. It's teaching me all about it. I'm waiting for it to stream/buffer as we speak! =3 I'm getting zorin and putting it on a virtual machine. You should get it to answer the thread. =3

I don't need a virtual machine, I already have VMware, and Virtual box. However, i've already tested it out with a LiveCD. I'm just asking for opinions from anyone who has actually used this distro and knows how far its compatibility goes, customization, functionality, etc.

You can't test all of the things out with any distro without actually dealing with how it runs for a little while. That will not take 2 hours of fooling around in a virtual machine.
(04-10-2011, 06:31 PM)Solidus Wrote: Based on Ubuntu & made to look similar to Windows. Dislike.

It's actually made to look similar to Windows 7 and XP. So I guess you could say Windows to generalize it. There's a theme changer within the distro from the control center.
I saw the feature on changing the theme. It looked AWESOME. Like... Different OS looks in one?!?

Do other distros do such? The ones I have looked at and am donwloading to try for the first time (excluding backtrack which I have tried) via bittorrent are;
Ubuntu, Xubuntu, Fedora, Mint and Zorin.
My favorite are Mint and Ubuntu so far
What's all this about LXDE and KDE??
LXDE is a lightweight version of the linux distro

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I just want to get a few opinions.. syrenen11 2 496 10-29-2010, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Brandon
  Earth 2100 Videos. Opinions? SlaKe! 2 567 04-01-2010, 02:45 PM
Last Post: SlaKe!