Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Ubuntu 10.10]WiFi Detected,Connected but Firefox won't connect.
This is really pissing me off. I installed sucessfully Ubuntu 10.10 a few days ago. Everything worked perfect, except the Internet. I select to connect on my WiFi access point and it says Connection Established. However, when I get to Firefox, it says connection Timed out. I was told to check up the Proxy Firefox settings but Firefox was already working without using proxies because the "No proxy" radio button was selected. In addition, this happens when I enter the command sudo apt-get install. It also happens when I go to update the drivers but says they can't be downloaded.
When I type nslookup in terminal it shows nothing. when I ping google I both get and receive packets.

I am using a 11g Wireless LAN LevelOne WNC 0305-USB.

Useful wget output of google.com

How can I solve this problem? I really want to use Ubuntu. Thanks Smile
[Image: ?uh=6167676F75726173&u3=7823656]
Have you attempted a re-installation of Firefox? Or maybe don't use the RC 4.0, it has many glitches.
[Image: t5BWm.png]
If you don't find a solution ask here:
http://ubuntuforums.org/

But have you tried right clicking and hitting enable networking?
If you're on a laptop, I had this problem as well. It turned out that the button which controlled my wireless was off, yet it still said it was connected. I pressed the button and it worked. I don't know if this helps or not but hopefully it may. Smile
We all have things we want to say, but not publicly. We all need help with them at one point. If you want a private conversation or seek private help, send me a PM.
Try a different browser. If the other browser works, then re-install firefox, if that doesn't work than downgrade, and if that doesn't work just use chrome as chrome is awesome.
try to upgrade your 10.10 version o 11.04... all problem has been fixed with that beta version... preview previous tread..
AmenSan
flickr®

Re install firefox and then restart your pc and then see.
Re install firefox and restart your pc like above^^^^
@Diabolic & €uro: You do not seem to be Linux users. You do not need to restart the computer unless the kernel is changed.
The wireless driver might not be installed.
[Image: winnn.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Get Ubuntu 11.04 >>Upgrade from Ubuntu 10.10 aminmusa 15 6,987 04-25-2011, 02:06 AM
Last Post: aminmusa
  [ubuntu v=9.10]Apache2 errors[/ubuntu] jfmherokiller 10 3,625 11-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Last Post: haphazard
  Ubuntu driver for intel wifi link 1000 bgn Whinis 10 14,335 10-27-2010, 07:42 PM
  Wifi Problem zShotS 5 2,238 10-27-2010, 07:39 PM
  Tutorial: Installing Ubuntu/Basics of Ubuntu Canoris 16 9,147 05-31-2010, 05:31 PM
Last Post: Natha