Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[VB.NET]Console app Menu example (amortization calculator)[Source]
So... I know what you're thinking. "KoBE, I thought you left?!?!?Confused" Well I did... but now I'm back. Kind of.Ninja Since I am not gay enough to contribute as an Emotional Helper, and my artistic ability is that of a 1st grader, there really isn't a whole lot on here for me to do. I used to try and contribute a lot to the .Net section, but without much activity I lost interest and decided not to spend my time helping when there was no help to be done. Long story short, I am still here to help, but will probably not dedicate a lot of my time coming up with stuff to code for SF. Instead, I'll respond to other people's threads and perhaps occasionally I'll start a thread of my own. Ok, now to the haters thinking.. "Dude you're not even that good at programming!". Yeah? Well I've coded a Hello World program from scratch! Beat that!

TO THE POINT!!!Superman

I found this laying around in my old projects and felt it might be useful to someone. It shows IMO, a pretty good way to create a menu within a console app. I also have in there a pretty nifty way of writing to the console (Replaces Console.Writeline("text")). To navigate thru the top menu you use the Up and Down arrow keys.

What is it?
It's an amortization calculator. I was making it for someone, they no longer needed it so I decided to abandon the project. So all it does is the amortization part and not the Term Calculations. But the menu is fully functional and you can use it as a base to put something similar in your projects.

ScreenShot:
[Image: amor.png]

The source code is pretty well commented and completely coded by me. For the amortization schedule, I used another source as reference then coded mine completely separate. Credit is given in the source (link included). The project is in VS2010, because I had to convert it when I looked at it. But the back up in there is still VS2008.

Download:
Due to a lack of inactivity in this section, if you would like to download this please reply to this thread and I will PM you the link.

Questions..Comments?...Post!
Would like to see the code for the menu part of it.

thx Working only 555+ ูู
Looks pretty good KoBE Smile Is this a Visual C++ Console App or just a normal VB console app? (Maybe even Visual C#, since I know you know the sharp language too)

I started getting back to work in Objective C and C++ a little while back..
i would like to have a look at this
merci beacouuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Looks, nice. I actually fail at working with cmd though for some reason!
[Image: inm4jO.png]
[ AIM: YoRelapse | Gamertag: N/A | MSN: YoRelapse@live.com ]
(04-06-2011, 06:57 PM)KoBE Wrote: So... I know what you're thinking. "KoBE, I thought you left?!?!?Confused" Well I did... but now I'm back. Kind of.Ninja Since I am not gay enough to contribute as an Emotional Helper, and my artistic ability is that of a 1st grader, there really isn't a whole lot on here for me to do. I used to try and contribute a lot to the .Net section, but without much activity I lost interest and decided not to spend my time helping when there was no help to be done. Long story short, I am still here to help, but will probably not dedicate a lot of my time coming up with stuff to code for SF. Instead, I'll respond to other people's threads and perhaps occasionally I'll start a thread of my own. Ok, now to the haters thinking.. "Dude you're not even that good at programming!". Yeah? Well I've coded a Hello World program from scratch! Beat that!

TO THE POINT!!!Superman

I found this laying around in my old projects and felt it might be useful to someone. It shows IMO, a pretty good way to create a menu within a console app. I also have in there a pretty nifty way of writing to the console (Replaces Console.Writeline("text")). To navigate thru the top menu you use the Up and Down arrow keys.

What is it?
It's an amortization calculator. I was making it for someone, they no longer needed it so I decided to abandon the project. So all it does is the amortization part and not the Term Calculations. But the menu is fully functional and you can use it as a base to put something similar in your projects.

ScreenShot:
[Image: amor.png]

The source code is pretty well commented and completely coded by me. For the amortization schedule, I used another source as reference then coded mine completely separate. Credit is given in the source (link included). The project is in VS2010, because I had to convert it when I looked at it. But the back up in there is still VS2008.

Download:
Due to a lack of inactivity in this section, if you would like to download this please reply to this thread and I will PM you the link.

Questions..Comments?...Post!

It's looks very nice!!
can you leame the source code?

my e-mail:mouse719@sina.com,thank you

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free Advanced Port Scanner SOURCE [ VB.NET ] Filefinder 6 5,277 01-22-2013, 04:27 AM
Last Post: TalishHF
  [VB.NET] Get Region Info [Source] ƃu∀ ıʞƃu∀ 0 1,102 11-28-2012, 04:38 AM
Last Post: ƃu∀ ıʞƃu∀
  How To Make And Use A Builder And Stub. [VB.NET] [Source] Vorfin 35 21,026 11-25-2012, 10:34 PM
  [Source] Tricks Using PictureBox Control [VB.NET] Fragma 8 5,992 11-25-2012, 10:32 PM
  Button firefox Menu HF~Legend 2 1,314 09-08-2012, 04:20 PM
Last Post: spesificrelax