Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHARE YOUR OWN DESKTOP PICTURE HERE!
(08-24-2011, 01:58 PM)Ace Wrote: Yeah i've tried other distro's, what kind of hardware would you want to know? I highly doubt it would be related to my audio driver problem. The BSOD-like message that came up didn't point at anything else except my realtek audio driver

BSOD-like?

Was it as blue as the original BSOD? ^_^

Hmm...that's weird. Have you had that problem on the other distros you tried?
(08-24-2011, 02:59 PM)Kotto*N[ix]mouth Wrote: BSOD-like?

Was it as blue as the original BSOD? ^_^

Hmm...that's weird. Have you had that problem on the other distros you tried?

No it was a black DOS-type screen in a BSOD format for the way it was laid out. I came back to my computer after idling on Linux for 10 mins and it was in the root terminal with a stop/corruption message of some sort. I didn't think much of it, and just rebooted back into Windows lol. I don't use Linux very often, and I'm far more knowledgeable with Windows. You can get Windows to do whatever you want if you have the knowledge to do it. So I don't find Windows all that bad.
(08-24-2011, 05:39 PM)Ace Wrote: No it was a black DOS-type screen in a BSOD format for the way it was laid out. I came back to my computer after idling on Linux for 10 mins and it was in the root terminal with a stop/corruption message of some sort. I didn't think much of it, and just rebooted back into Windows lol. I don't use Linux very often, and I'm far more knowledgeable with Windows. You can get Windows to do whatever you want if you have the knowledge to do it. So I don't find Windows all that bad.

Are you by any chance using the 64 bit version of Mint? I sat Mint up for a friend's cousin (64 bit) and that happens quite frequently for some reason. I just assumed it was something to do with it being 64 bit, maybe a small flaw in Mint.
Well, maybe another distro will grab your attention (and not fail). I'm trying to make the switch to Arch, but I can't get my wireless cards working right (yes, I have two). It sucks cause I got every single thing working just fine, but not one of my wireless cards =[ . I may try again soon though.
(08-24-2011, 06:59 PM)Kotto*N[ix]mouth Wrote: Are you by any chance using the 64 bit version of Mint? I sat Mint up for a friend's cousin (64 bit) and that happens quite frequently for some reason. I just assumed it was something to do with it being 64 bit, maybe a small flaw in Mint.
Well, maybe another distro will grab your attention (and not fail). I'm trying to make the switch to Arch, but I can't get my wireless cards working right (yes, I have two). It sucks cause I got every single thing working just fine, but not one of my wireless cards =[ . I may try again soon though.

Yeah, I run 64-bit, I run Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit as well. I like Mint though, Ubuntu is too bulky and I don't feel like learning everything about Linux to have ease with Arch, i've used Arch in the past, but I can't find the motivation to learn Linux with some distro like that.
(08-24-2011, 08:32 PM)Ace Wrote: Yeah, I run 64-bit, I run Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit as well. I like Mint though, Ubuntu is too bulky and I don't feel like learning everything about Linux to have ease with Arch, i've used Arch in the past, but I can't find the motivation to learn Linux with some distro like that.

I run Ubuntu on my laptop atm. I just removed all the packages I didn't want. And I personally feel more bloated on Mint, myself. Here is a 3-part video guide on Arch, and with resources like the Arch Wiki, I say go for it, you'll be able to learn more with it.
Hey thanks, i've bookmarked the links in an internet shortcut so they don't take up my browser bookmark space. I'll take a look at them later when I feel like troubleshooting my Linux half lol. Right now i'm comfortable with Windows, and it's compatible with all of my programs, SDK's, Debugging tools, Boot tools, etc...
Hey Kotto, how do you have such a nice desk top, what version of Ubunut do you use, becaue I use 11.10 32 bit and it does not look as good as that.

[Image: Screenshotat2011-12-17003409.png]

(I am probably using the wrong version because I am on a netbook, but I am getting a new pc in jan)
I just have the normal windows 7 background need to find one really.
- EDIT:
Oops, didn't noticed this was Ubuntu only.
nice desktop Smile I'll post mine later Smile IF I can be bothered to press and upload my screenshot Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how to share a folder in ubuntu to virtualbox (windows xp) zerdnem 1 1,534 08-24-2011, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Kotto*N[ix]mouth