Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turtle Beach Ear Force PX5 [Information, Review, Picture]
Update: I finally received them after this long wait. Canada Customs charged me 37$! I'm freakin angry now... 37$...

The PX5 are the most advanced headset designed for PS3 & Xbox 360. Fully 7.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound Wireless.

Let's start with what's in the box?

Setup
After I open the box, I took all the wire and set them up. I plugged the Optical Audio from the transmitter to my TV (So I can use them not only with my Xbox Thumbsup). The power of the transmitter is a USB port. I also plugged it on my TV, there is a USB port on it. Very easy setup.

Gaming

I will start by this: Awesome. It's a completely new experience with the Ear Force PX5. It can be very useful in some games also. I've heard some sounds that I never heard before... I've been playing these games so far with them: CoD Black Ops, Medal Of Honor, Halo Reach, NFS Hot Pursuit, Naruto Storm 2... It's very special when you play FPS on them. You can locate the enemy just be hearing his footsteps, reload, gun shot, etc. I've gotta admit that on Black Ops Mutiplayer, it was like a cheat :tongue: . Also, on Medal Of Honor Campaign, I can hear the direction from the gun shots. I even hear the flies. I really feel that I'm in the game. I really enjoyed the campaign of Medal Of Honor with the PX5. In other games, like Halo Reach, Naruto Storm 2, etc, I did not feel the same as the others I mentioned earlier. It was just a high quality sound with high bass.

Chatting
Chatting is almost the same thing as the old classic micro but there is some functionality designed to the headset like, Dynamic Chat Boost™: Chat level increases automatically as the game volume gets louder, so you can always hear the voices of other players. PS3 user are lucky because they don't need to wire their PX5 to the controller like the Xbox 360, but they connect it via Bluetooth. Also, you hear your voice in the headset, so you won’t have to shout to hear what you’re saying but the problem is that when the volume is loud, it change nothing. So when I get angry or something, I will start to scream but with the headset I scream whey more louder then without them because I don't hear my voice.. and I do not do that on purpose. My mother gets annoyed.

Music
Listening to music with the PX5 is like any other high quality headset. I paired my PX5 with my iPod Touch via Bluetooth. It was working well. I tried them at school. It was very cool but there is no noise cancellation so I was hearing the dumb kids noise at some moments of the music, like then end.

Movie
I've watched Iron Man 2 on Netflix. I forgot that I was wearing them during the movie. They are really comfortable. I really love the 7.1 Digital Dolby Surround Sound.

Others

You can have over 18 fully customizable presets to optimize game, chat and mic audio for different gaming situations. This is done via PC with a program. You can connect your cellphone while playing so you got 2 devices connected on the same time. You can answer a call and talk. The battery took over 10 hours to empty. Very good battery length. Also, there is a interactive voice prompts that announces critical headphone status conditions, such as battery low, preset numbers, and more. You can twist the cup as you can see in the G picture above in spoiler.

What I Dislike!

Problems
I've experienced some small problems with the PX5. The first one is lag. I started a music and it was lagging so much. So I shutdown my headset they reconnected it then it worked.
Second thing, if you wear glasses, it may hurt you while having the PX5 on your head. I normally don't wear glasses because I got lens but some morning I wear them so I was playing Xbox with the PX5 and my glasses and it started to hurt me. So after a few adjustment, I was better.

Can I use it on PC?
Yes, but your PC should have Bluetooth or you can use the component line in as you can see in the first picture in the spoiler above. Some PC have also the analog audio out so you can use that. If don't have any, you can buy an sound card, a USB sound card or a USB Bluetooth

Pro Tips
Don't play scary games with this or watch a scary movie.

So, The Ear Force PX5 is an awesome product. I suggest it to everyone.
I've been wanting a pair of these for a while now. I'll read the review tomorrow as it's quite late here.
How much do they cost?
(04-01-2011, 04:25 PM)Fragma Wrote: I've been wanting a pair of these for a while now. I'll read the review tomorrow as it's quite late here.
How much do they cost?

I bought them on eBay at 240$ + 40$ Shipping. Sadly, the Canada customs charged me 37$!!! So 317$ in total. The original price is 250$.
I have an x11,and I like it alot. But this was an amazing review thanks alot.
Amazing review, I ordered mine Smile
Good job on the review, pretty tempting to buy this right now! haha.
Thanks guys and I added the Problem tab!
It really looks good, but I also dislike the speaker. It's so god damn ugly. It either needs to be longer and in the end it should have something soft.
(04-02-2011, 09:11 AM)Tuskarr Wrote: It really looks good, but I also dislike the speaker. It's so god damn ugly. It either needs to be longer and in the end it should have something soft.

I can remove the mic this is why it's look like that so when I'm in public I won't let the PX5 with the mic so I remove it but it's ugly...
I have these and i love them there the best.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Turtle Beach x12's compatibility question Baconboy 0 837 12-19-2011, 07:17 AM
Last Post: Baconboy
  PCSX2 pnach files [Information] AceInfinity 5 16,609 07-11-2011, 12:57 AM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  [Review]Best Gaming Router [Review] ImFocuzz 2 1,384 03-24-2011, 12:21 PM
Last Post: ImFocuzz
  Turtle Beach X3 gaming headset Heli0s 33 5,457 07-25-2010, 01:11 PM
Last Post: killerpop89
  Turtle Beach X41's Heli0s 17 1,671 07-21-2010, 06:49 PM
Last Post: eXosphere™