Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sketch
so I have a sketch and I scanned into my computer. Then I found that the quality is very bad. Is there anyway I can enhance the sketch using Photoshop or other program?
here is my sketch
Link
Your best option would be to go back over your sketch with a fine liner. You could try adding a black & white gradient map to the sketch but I really don't think it will change that much. It really depends what you're going to use the sketch for. Do you plan on making changes to it such as adding colour or vectoring it?
I want to add colours to it.
Well if you want to add colors on it you must first make it look good. The colors are easy.
(04-01-2011, 08:57 AM)Tuskarr Wrote: Well if you want to add colors on it you must first make it look good. The colors are easy.

"make it look good" is not very constructive advice.

Anyway, if you want to colour it, I would suggest firstly going over your sketch using a black fine liner or thin marker, and then rubbing out the pencil lines. From there it is easier to make the image clearer by using a black & white gradient map, and then selecting & removing all of the white areas. Then you will have a black outline which will be easy to colour in. Make sure when selecting the white areas using the magic wand, that you have Contiguous unchecked. This will select all white areas in your canvas, and not only the area that you click on.
[Image: contiguous.png]
I really suggest using a graphic, uniball pen to clean it up. Don't try to shade if your intentions are to scan, the computer really doesn't pick it up too well. Not to mention you could always add the shadows in later on photoshop.

Simplicity is key when trying to scan artwork.
I don't splel check.
Doesn't look too bad, but if you are thinking of scanning this to your computer for coloring and using gradients, then it won't work, since you need a more definable line in order to make the coloring process easier. There's lots of holes in those walls/outlines, so if you try coloring it now the paint will only 'leak' into other areas of the picture instead of the area that you want.

Unless you want to color it manually.
thanks for all the advice.
Best way is to vector it IMO Smile Because lines aren't kinda fine as Fragma said =]
Ya you can do it and remember google is your best friend Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Figma vs Sketch: Which UI Design Tool Is Better In 2022? tk-hassan 0 178 06-09-2022, 12:19 AM
Last Post: tk-hassan
  Quick Sketch Daniel Faraday 21 1,979 11-23-2011, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Daniel Faraday
  First manga sketch in a long time. Tasemu 12 4,144 06-17-2011, 02:28 AM
Last Post: Trustable
  Fragma Graffiti Sketch Fragma 25 2,007 01-06-2011, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Fragma
  New Sketch from Dragon88 !!! DRAGON88 12 1,068 04-17-2010, 01:49 PM
Last Post: DrecliN