Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New project released.
My new project is now released.

[Image: logo.png]
Working on the help docs, getting images worked out. Also working on new members Big Grin
[Image: HFTOTW2DR.png]

What does the coding section have to do with the gaming part of your forum? It looks like part of a General forum from my perspective. There's tons of general forums out there, and there's lots of forums like this as well.

It's going to take a lot of effort on your part if you want to turn this into a successful forum. The theme is pretty basic, but has a good feel to it, so good job on that. I wouldn't have recommended starting out with quite as many forums right off the bat though, and you're going to need a favicon soon too.
(03-28-2011, 02:31 AM)Infinity Wrote: What does the coding section have to do with the gaming part of your forum? It looks like part of a General forum from my perspective. There's tons of general forums out there, and there's lots of forums like this as well.

It's going to take a lot of effort on your part if you want to turn this into a successful forum. The theme is pretty basic, but has a good feel to it, so good job on that. I wouldn't have recommended starting out with quite as many forums right off the bat though, and you're going to need a favicon soon too.

I know. I will work on the fav icon when I wake up(fixin to go to bed)

I didn't really start off with that many boards right off hand. Only 3 sections about 4 boards a piece is okay. I just wanted to get the basic JIFt of what the forum was going to be about.

Now, gaming evolution think about it. Gaming, Gaming has to do with coding. Someone had to code the game you are played.

(03-28-2011, 02:38 AM)Detective RooTz Wrote: I know. I will work on the fav icon when I wake up(fixin to go to bed)

I didn't really start off with that many boards right off hand. Only 3 sections about 4 boards a piece is okay. I just wanted to get the basic JIFt of what the forum was going to be about.

Now, gaming evolution think about it. Gaming, Gaming has to do with coding. Someone had to code the game you are played.

The coding tutorials that i've seen weren't based on gaming though. Html is not really used in game programming, and same with CSS.
(03-28-2011, 02:41 AM)Infinity Wrote: The coding tutorials that i've seen weren't based on gaming though. Html is not really used in game programming.

That is true, but like all forums what is involved with it is. But then again it's coding so I added some other "coding" related topics.

(03-28-2011, 02:41 AM)Detective RooTz Wrote: That is true, but like all forums what is involved with it is. But then again it's coding so I added some other "coding" related topics.

You should have stuck with the gaming related languages. Even for just starting off your forum, I wouldn't have added html and css areas, because of the number of forums that you already have.
(03-28-2011, 02:43 AM)Infinity Wrote: You should have stuck with the gaming related languages. Even for just starting off your forum, I wouldn't have added html and css areas, because of the number of forums that you already have.

What if I combined HTML/CSS into one forum?

(03-28-2011, 02:45 AM)Detective RooTz Wrote: What if I combined HTML/CSS into one forum?

If you insist on keeping them lol, then you could add them together, since html and css go together. CSS can be added within an html document, or the css can be referred to in the html document. They are very closely related.
(03-28-2011, 02:48 AM)Infinity Wrote: If you insist on keeping them lol, then you could add them together, since html and css go together. CSS can be added within an html document, or the css can be referred to in the html document. They are very closely related.

True, I was actually thinking the same thing as I added BOTH boards but now you said it it made me realize they are the same and merge them but meh.

Good luck Smile Thumbsup
[Image: imtBbq.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Violent Fire [MyBB Theme] Released Peter L 5 1,603 03-12-2012, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Peter L
  MyBB 1.6.4 Released – Feature Update, Security & Maintenance Release BreShiE 4 1,865 07-30-2011, 02:46 PM
Last Post: BreShiE