Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost My Son's Password! (Doh!)
Hey everyone,

When my son was born (6 months ago) we set up an myspace account for him for kind of a "birth announcement" kind of thing. Now, I cannot remember the email or password we used. I remember hearings something awhile ago about a program that can maybe pull this information from the registry - - is this true?

Thanks.
Don't think it's possible to pull it from the registry. Your only way to retrieve a lost account on MySpace is via e-mail address, and if you don't have that, you're out of luck. =(

It doesn't hurt to make a new one though, this time remember the e-mail. =)
Neither of these are stored in the registry, if you cant login it probally gone, just make another account, I will update on this, I will look around to see if its true, but as A C++ Programmer and VB.net I dont believe so

CONFIRMED: Negative
If the password is stored offline you can use a program called Cain & Able to recover it.

-Trinity Blackhat
If you've lost a Myspace password, you can recover by doing a simple "Forgot my password"

If you've forgotten the information needed, contact Myspace customer support. They should be able to give it too you!

I think the programs you heard about were keyloggers getting the saved passwords list from an infected computer, or someone just getting keylogged whilst typing the passwords!

Don't infect yourself, its silly, and most of the time, hard to remove!

Forgotten password:
http://secure.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse...vepassword

Customer Support:
http://faq.myspace.com/app/

By the way, Congrats on the new baby ;)
yup, customer support seems the way to go
(10-18-2009, 09:13 AM)Kraut Wrote: Hey everyone,

When my son was born (6 months ago) we set up an myspace account for him for kind of a "birth announcement" kind of thing. Now, I cannot remember the email or password we used. I remember hearings something awhile ago about a program that can maybe pull this information from the registry - - is this true?

Thanks.

i'm assuming you have not opened that account for almost 6 months.. If that is the case it is already frozen..
Well, the information normally will be stored somewhere on the computer. If you use FF you could always run a basic stealer on your self and see what pops up.
[Image: Lj]
You can retrieve the forgotten password through Lost password Recovery tool . But reqires that you should remember the email you used to create that account.
Sounds to me as tho you won't get your account back, when you contact customer services how are you going to tell them it's your account lol.
FREE PSN CARDS, XBOX LIVE, GAMES + MORE VIEW THREAD Here Yeye

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I remove bios password? mitoo 14 3,044 11-14-2009, 03:45 PM
Last Post: Idiot #1