Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making a Forum
Hey guys,

Well I'm thinking about starting a new forum, I'll start by saying I've broken 3 bones in my right hand, so this might be a bit short and there might be grammar/spelling mistakes.

So in the past I have run successful forums, one runescape related forum a while ago that had over 64k members and 1.2m p/vs per week. I sort of stopped all my previous websites as I was stressed with school etc, but now that's out the way I have time to start and build my own successful mybb forum, I already have a dual core dedicated server with 4GB ram, and 100mb/s bandwidth so deployment isn't an issue.

But, I have no idea about what my forum should be based on, and am looking for a partner to run the forum with, they should obviously have experience with PHP, MySQL, Apache, Ubuntu & CentOS as the forum will hopefully be a big future success and need a skilful team on-board to make things work. I have loads of experience with the aforementioned softwares.

The partner should have a good idea for a forum, be willing to dedicate an equal amount of money to the project, and also an equal amount of time advertising, we will run promotions and give-aways to get the forum going and spread the word via mouth and getting little back links on other growing forums.

If you feel you have the required skill to help out then reply, or send me a message. I'll also apologise if I have made any mistakes in my post.

Thanks alot,
Alex
Hey, i ust to be the same as you running a runescape forum that closed it because of school, i have no finished and have a forum started but i havnt opened it yet.. pm me if you wanan partner
Very tempting offer, but I'll have to pass. I suggest not forcing an idea; but letting it come to. Just be on the look out for potential successes.

Maybe make a forum for a new gaming console? Once the name gets leaked (xbox370, ps4, etc) register a domain and set the board up so when it gets released you're ahead of the game.
(03-26-2011, 07:17 AM)Laugh Wrote: Very tempting offer, but I'll have to pass. I suggest not forcing an idea; but letting it come to. Just be on the look out for potential successes.

Maybe make a forum for a new gaming console? Once the name gets leaked (xbox370, ps4, etc) register a domain and set the board up so when it gets released you're ahead of the game.

I'm waiting for an idea to come to me, but I believe a work force of 2 will be stronger for building and promoting a new site.
If you decide to make a Gaming forum, I have a nice domain you might want to use.
PM me if you're interested.

Smile
(03-26-2011, 01:59 PM)Fragma Wrote: If you decide to make a Gaming forum, I have a nice domain you might want to use.
PM me if you're interested.

Smile

Not a clue what i'll base it on, what's the domain?