Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need help; AVG reports Hacktool.CKS
Remove restore points can be done from start/programs/accessories/system tools/system restore i think.
As for startup entries. start/run/cmd/mscongif then choose selective startup and untick anything you dont want to run.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Turn off system restore to remove previous restore points and then create a new restore point.
  • To turn off system restore, right click on My Computer and click on Properties.
  • Click the System Restore tab.
  • Check Turn off System Restore.
  • Click 'Apply' and then 'OK'.

Restart your computer

Scan with your Anti-virus, Remove all the infections found.
Remove all the quarantine items from your AV

Turn on System Restore and create a restore point.

To create a new restore point, click on Start – All Programs – Accessories – System Tools and then select System Restore.

In the System Restore wizard, select Create a restore point and click the 'Next' button.

Type a name for your new restore point and then click 'Create'.
Okay Kurt...I turned off System Restore and I restarted my computer...Restarting my computer took about an hour because it said it was doing something with my drive and verifying files...

I am now scanning my computer with Malwarebytes and AVG Anti Virus

I didn't know AVG had a rootkit scanner so I'm actually using that for the first time.

so I got 2 scans going @ the same time on AVG. One rootkit and one full system(maybe virus only). And I got Malwarebytes going.
[Image: ouwg0slq0vtagvzl4u8w.jpg]

Giveaway of the Day: [Image: ticker1.png]
(10-20-2009, 02:50 PM)Red X Wrote: Okay Kut...I turned off System Restore and I restarted my computer...Restarting my computer took about an hour because it said it was doing something with my drive and verifying files...

I am now scanning my computer with Malwarebytes and AVG Anti Virus

I didn't know AVG had a rootkit scanner so I'm actually using that for the first time.

so I got 2 scans going @ the same time on AVG. One rootkit and one full system(maybe virus only). And I got Malwarebytes going.

Edit: Okay I did everything you said up to where it says Turn back on System Restore

I get this error: [Image: errorae.png]

As for avast!, you should download the Home edition and install it. Before it get sdone installing, it'll ask "Run a boot-time scan?" or something. Say yes, and when it asks if you want to reboot now, say yes. It'll scan your computer before it even boots up, and will most likely be able to remove the infection.
Thank you Elektrisk

I did what you said and everything went fine but when I logged on my user I got this weird pop up

[Image: errorqn.png]

Edit: I think I know why...It was my firewall...It was asking me if I wanted to allow it or not...

Could you post us a HijackThis report log please so it can be analyzed.

Thank you Smile
FREE PSN CARDS, XBOX LIVE, GAMES + MORE VIEW THREAD Here Yeye
Scan logs: