Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forums install not working?
well the title explains it it keeps saying my information is not valid so can someone add me on Windows IM and tell me you sent me a request in the desription and I will accept I need help Sad. I have installed a forums before 3 times I don't know why this is coming up.
[Image: banner.jpg]
Is it says the login information is incorrect, it probably is. I'll help you if you message me on AIM.
I'll help you on here.

What's your domain?
I use MSN only but my domain is Xzill.com/forums
I'd help here, but chances are he'd have to giveaway sensitive info like his database username/password.
yea But I trust people on SF well at least the geek squad but you thnk its because i changed domain and the begining of the mysql database and user are still from prevoius domain?
If it says the information is incorrect then you haven't input the correct information. You created a database for the forum in your control panel right? The information should be there for you. Otherwise, one of the members here will help you. It's fairly simple to do, but if they aren't able to do it I may be able to help you out.
(03-25-2011, 04:02 PM)ImFocuzz Wrote: yea But I trust people on SF well at least the geek squad but you thnk its because i changed domain and the begining of the mysql database and user are still from prevoius domain?

I would just like to add, just because we are part of the Geek Squad group does not mean everyone can be trusted with info like that.
Maybe a MyBB install tutorial is needed on the forum here? It's really simple, yet so many people have trouble with it.
(03-25-2011, 05:27 PM)Infinity Wrote: Maybe a MyBB install tutorial is needed on the forum here? It's really simple, yet so many people have trouble with it.

There are so many variables(different hosts, control panels) and tutorials can be found everywhere online. Even on MyBB.com and places like my forum guide. I'd write one just for SF but I feel I'd just be wasting my time.

Like this:
http://community.mybb.com/showthread.php?tid=3159

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Steps to transfer forums to /forums/ after an install? Backslash 0 734 03-25-2010, 03:06 PM
Last Post: Backslash