Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Restrepo
An amazing movie in my opinion. It's a documentary made by Sebastian Junger & Tim Hetherington about soldiers in the U.S. Army who are fighting in the Korengal Valley in Afghanistan. The movie was nominated for an Oscar and won the Grand Jury Prize at the Sundance Film Festival. The movie's site is here.
There is also a book written by them from their experiences on the frontlines called "War" which I also thought was amazing.

If you've seen or read either what did you think?
This was on netflix right? I saw it and added to my instant queue...

Platoon is now on the instant queue Mike, that and A Clockwork Orange. You should watch both, great movies

*And One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
^^ One of my all time favorites. Nicholson's best role.
I don't splel check.
Yea it was on Netflix. I'm not sure if I'll be able to handle Platoon because Charlie Sheen is in it haha. I'll probably watch both though. I also still gotta check out Flags of our Fathers and Letters from Iwo Jima.
(03-21-2011, 12:53 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: Yea it was on Netflix. I'm not sure if I'll be able to handle Platoon because Charlie Sheen is in it haha. I'll probably watch both though. I also still gotta check out Flags of our Fathers and Letters from Iwo Jima.

Charlie Sheen was a great actor before all the drugs. Even Wall Street, I thought that was a great movie. And who could forget WILD THING! Haha.

Flags of our Fathers was good, but Letters from Iwo Jima had more of an impact on me seeing how scared a lot of the soldiers from Japan were. Most of them just wanted to give up.
I don't splel check.