Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Airsoft
Hey, do any of you guys do airsoft? i was thinking about starting it but im not sure, seems kind of expensive.....
[Image: psychois21.png]
(03-21-2011, 07:30 PM)Psychosis Wrote: Hey, do any of you guys do airsoft? i was thinking about starting it but im not sure, seems kind of expensive.....

Very expensive. Have you tried paintball. Alot more competitive and a little more affordable.
I don't splel check.
I never really liked paintball I am looking into airsoft because its not all close range, plus I love guns and since they model off of real guns its a plus.
(03-21-2011, 08:26 PM)Psychosis Wrote: I never really liked paintball I am looking into airsoft because its not all close range, plus I love guns and since they model off of real guns its a plus.

Alright, well then...

I'd suggest for your first gun something with a hard polymer body, with metal internals/moving parts, for the sake of saving yourself quite a bit of money.

Not to mention that these things do break, and they do break frequently so expect to be scrounging around for replacement parts.

You could check out Airsoft GI, they usually offer some great tips on starter gear and such.

Other than that I don't have much to say, either than try to find a popular gun to start with. They're easier to find replacements for and usually have tons of third party upgrades available to build upon with. It totally beats having to buy a whole new gun when you could just buy a better bolt and increase your firing rate, FPS, and accuracy by 10%.

I hope this helped you out a little bit, and I'm sure you'll figure it all out. It's a fun sport, lot's of communities to get involved with if you ever need more help.
I don't splel check.
(03-21-2011, 08:35 PM)Scalise Wrote: Alright, well then...

I'd suggest for your first gun something with a hard polymer body, with metal internals/moving parts, for the sake of saving yourself quite a bit of money.

Not to mention that these things do break, and they do break frequently so expect to be scrounging around for replacement parts.

You could check out Airsoft GI, they usually offer some great tips on starter gear and such.

Other than that I don't have much to say, either than try to find a popular gun to start with. They're easier to find replacements for and usually have tons of third party upgrades available to build upon with. It totally beats having to buy a whole new gun when you could just buy a better bolt and increase your firing rate, FPS, and accuracy by 10%.

I hope this helped you out a little bit, and I'm sure you'll figure it all out. It's a fun sport, lot's of communities to get involved with if you ever need more help.

alright man thanks, ya i dont have a lot to spend right now :/ i found an AK-47 one on craigs list that is normally like $100 + it comes with ammo strap grip and some other stuff for $80.

and what about spring guns vs gas guns vs electric guns what do you recommended?
(03-22-2011, 07:03 AM)Psychosis Wrote: and what about spring guns vs gas guns vs electric guns what do you recommended?

Gas guns can get expensive. As a first gun, I suggest electric. As spring is much weaker than either alternative.

You're going to want a gun with 350 FPS minimum, or else a hop-up will need to come into play.
I don't splel check.
I found a custom AK on Craigslist for $80 it shoots 350 fps custom paint job clips bbs strap grip rails. Sound like.a good.deal?
(03-22-2011, 09:53 AM)Psychosis Wrote: I found a custom AK on Craigslist for $80 it shoots 350 fps custom paint job clips bbs strap grip rails. Sound like.a good.deal?

I'd try to research the gun further. Email the seller and ask for the make and product number. There are tons of reviews available online, especially YouTube, covering the specifications of any gun you could ever come across.

That way you'll know what you're paying for and won't be disappointed. That's at least what I do. And try to find brand names, they're well-known for a reason Smile
I don't splel check.
(03-22-2011, 10:52 AM)Scalise Wrote: I'd try to research the gun further. Email the seller and ask for the make and product number. There are tons of reviews available online, especially YouTube, covering the specifications of any gun you could ever come across.

That way you'll know what you're paying for and won't be disappointed. That's at least what I do. And try to find brand names, they're well-known for a reason Smile

all he said was its a crossman, which doesn't seem to be too good of a brand, you have any opinion on it?
(03-22-2011, 11:32 AM)Psychosis Wrote: all he said was its a crossman, which doesn't seem to be too good of a brand, you have any opinion on it?

Crossman is a strong supplier in the retail market. The kind of gun you'd expect to pick up at a Dick's Sporting Goods or Sport's Authority.

I had a Crossman, they're not that bad, they're very prone to breaking as they'll basically all plastic. I suggest you just order a new gun online. Airsoft GI should have some good links to online shops where you can pick up some good, cheap guns.
I don't splel check.