Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Debate week #2 Now open
Hello my fair people of sf,
Today I Am going to start debate week number two. As for those of you who haven't seen my first thread I suggest you go read that one as it has some very good content to it. It was a big success.

So this week I am going to feature to topics. One is designed for Americans, but other people can participate, just read below on how. These two topics are not religious as some of us are not comfortable to do them yet, how ever I do plan on doing some religious ones soon as they interest me the most.

So topic number 1's discussion witch is mainly directed towards Americans is : What do you think the legal age for consuming alcohol should be and why do you believe this, should it be younger or older.
p.s If you are not american than just take your nations legal drinking age and use that in the same content as I specified above.

Okay now number 2's discussion is going to be about something a little more interesting in my opinion. If you feel offended do not even post for this part, I don't really care if you have a problem with it unless the majority of people do. Now with out further a do: Do you think homosexuals should be allowed to get married.
Please don't use the word jerk/fagget/fool as those terms are offence, but gay is okay.

Also please put a line break in between your two topics like this

You do this by
Code:
[hr]

Please let me know of any spelling or grammatical mistakes. I will voice my opinions soon.

Ah, thanks for doing this right when I have homework to attend to.. Pinch

Anyways, what was the first one? Drinking age?

Meh. I don't see much of a problem with the way it is now. People will always drink when the feel like drinking. It's too accessible to be controlled. They can do whatever they want with the age and it won't change a thing.

Ahh, here's the real debate, gay marriage...

I personally don't have a problem with it. Love is love, who's one to say that two people can't love eachother? And who's one to deny two people that love eachother the right to get married? While I was never a fan on the concept of marriage, I won't disregard its importance in our modern society. By them getting married, what is changing than them being a couple and living together?

I feel like those who disagree with the gay marriage thing just think its weird, gross, or even wrong. But I really don't see how it affects them. The only problem is the gay people that feel the need to go all out and shove it in your face, trying to fit the stereotype people make for them. It's like we understand you're different, and we're fine with it, but you don't have to put on such an act.

I don't know, I'd like to see others' opinions and I'll add more from there. As I said before, homework to attend to Smile
I don't splel check.
Lol this is going to get confusing with two debates in one thread, but whatever.

I agree with Scalise with the fact that changing the age won't change much. Kids will most definitely drink if they want to. I do think it should be lowered to 18, though. Why if I just said it won't change much? Well I feel like a lot of kids drink because they're not supposed to be. I also feel that drinking gets more out of hand or when people try to do it secretly since they're underage things get out of hand/dangerous.

Number two: I have no problem with gay people and I think they have the right to get married. I find it very hypocritical of the U.S. government to deny same sex marriage here in some areas, since we're supposed to have so many personal freedoms.
(03-21-2011, 07:00 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: Lol this is going to get confusing with two debates in one thread, but whatever.

I agree with Scalise with the fact that changing the age won't change much. Kids will most definitely drink if they want to. I do think it should be lowered to 18, though. Why if I just said it won't change much? Well I feel like a lot of kids drink because they're not supposed to be. I also feel that drinking gets more out of hand or when people try to do it secretly since they're underage things get out of hand/dangerous.

Number two: I have no problem with gay people and I think they have the right to get married. I find it very hypocritical of the U.S. government to deny same sex marriage here in some areas, since we're supposed to have so many personal freedoms.
Confusion makes things get fun lolz. But I think the drinking age shouldn't be dependent on your age. I think it should be whenever you graduate from high school, also I think this should be a little more strict on people who drink under the age.

(03-21-2011, 07:04 PM)RDCA Wrote: Confusion makes things get fun lolz. But I think the drinking age shouldn't be dependent on your age. I think it should be whenever you graduate from high school, also I think this should be a little more strict on people who drink under the age.

They wouldn't have it set to that because it's too hard to determine if someone graduated from high school or not. What are they going to make people do, carry around their diplomas? lol
(03-21-2011, 07:09 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: They wouldn't have it set to that because it's too hard to determine if someone graduated from high school or not. What are they going to make people do, carry around their diplomas? lol
They can have it implemented into their id's and licences.
(03-21-2011, 07:09 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: What are they going to make people do, carry around their diplomas? lol

got a good lul out of that one. ME AND NEMMYY THINK ALIKE ZOMG haha.
I don't splel check.
(03-21-2011, 07:17 PM)Scalise Wrote: got a good lul out of that one. ME AND NEMMYY THINK ALIKE ZOMG haha.

Tis true, I was tempted to just quote your post and say I agree with most of it but I wanted to explain. Ninja
(03-21-2011, 07:15 PM)RDCA Wrote: They can have it implemented into their id's and licences.

True, not a bad idea but I doubt the government would want to spend time, money, etc. doing that when they can keep things the way they are. They're stubborn.
(03-21-2011, 07:40 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: They're stubborn.

I believe lazy would be the better term there.

I don't splel check.
(03-21-2011, 07:43 PM)Scalise Wrote: I believe lazy would be the better term there.

Much better.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  13 exams in a week Explosions Hurt 1 546 06-08-2012, 04:49 AM
Last Post: AnonymousPie
  Debate Class Rage 9 1,371 09-16-2011, 09:20 PM
Last Post: Artiex™
  Sooo, my education depends on the test I'm having next week..... ONeShoT 13 2,864 08-17-2011, 01:27 AM
Last Post: ONeShoT
  Getting pro-active?... 5 Week Prog. Rep. Sent, 10 More Weeks to Get Better... Resistance 5 1,424 10-21-2010, 05:47 AM
Last Post: Pineapple