Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GFX Button ideas?
Anyone have any ideas for the toolbar buttons on a web browser? (I only want ideas for the back, forward, refresh, stop, and home buttons)

It's to get some creativity flowing for my theme. I have some created, but i'm not exactly sure if i'll keep them yet.

Suggestions?

I'm creating my theme, and I want something that would fit this type of theme with the blue and chrome style effect.

[Image: preview3.png]

Full Web Browser Graphic Preview (Click to View)

http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=17142

If you have any suggestions on what might look nice for those buttons post in this thread to help my fully customized theme.
You would need to show a picture of your actual theme to have a good idea.

Edit: noticed you put a preview up last night on your other thread.
I'll see later if I can make good ones for your theme.

Also would you not want the buttons bigger? They look rather small.
[Image: burninglove4.png]
They seem fairly big on the theme itself, and I wanted to keep it generally the same size as the url address bar just to keep everything closer together
I didn't see the link to your theme. But perhaps tiny spikes on the buttons will make a nice reference to the fox.
(03-22-2011, 03:20 AM)Eve Wrote: I didn't see the link to your theme. But perhaps tiny spikes on the buttons will make a nice reference to the fox.

It's in the first post, I provided a link to the thread with my theme, in that thread there should be a full preview of it somewhere that I posted later on
Perhaps you could update your first post on this thread, and the other, with your beta browser preview:

You can play with shine, gradient and contrast - the border when blue can have a sharper contrast. I wouldn't stray too far from the colour scheme. As for adding further details, you can probably judge by eye when it might be getting too cluttered. At present the buttons are quite subtle, so it depends on how much of a feature you want them to be.
(03-22-2011, 09:33 AM)Eve Wrote: Perhaps you could update your first post on this thread, and the other, with your beta browser preview:

You can play with shine, gradient and contrast - the border when blue can have a sharper contrast. I wouldn't stray too far from the colour scheme. As for adding further details, you can probably judge by eye when it might be getting too cluttered. At present the buttons are quite subtle, so it depends on how much of a feature you want them to be.

Great perspective on my theme Smile I actually think I could do a little more with CSS gradients for hover effects. Which border are you talking about though? i'm confused.

I don't want the buttons to be huge and stand out as the only thing on the page, I want the black window as the full web browser to stand out as an object by itself like it does currently, while still adding cool effects here and there.

I'm finding out new ways to play with the CSS to make this unique from most themes you see, but still keep a simplistic dark look.

Right now, i've been using the updated theme of my own for about a day, so i'm thinking i'm starting to get used to it, which is why i'm asking for further help from people who can see it and give me a first impression on it. It's been modified so many times since I first started, and I have tons of backups of the older non-updated versions of this theme by now.
Your current buttons look fine to me.

Very nice theme mate. Only thing I'd really say though is that I think it would look nicer with a light grey colour for the text, rather than bright white.

I'm looking for a similar styled theme for when I make my Dubstep forum.
(03-22-2011, 01:30 PM)Fragma Wrote: Your current buttons look fine to me.

Very nice theme mate. Only thing I'd really say though is that I think it would look nicer with a light grey colour for the text, rather than bright white.

I'm looking for a similar styled theme for when I make my Dubstep forum.

It is a light grey though lol. I changed it from #FFFFFF to a lighter grey. the current text isn't #FFFFFF, but I don't like it too dark. For me I actually liked it more as bright white, but that's just me. Nemmyy also said that I should use a grey text color, but if I do that, i'll keep a version with white text for myself lol.
I want opinions on my newer buttons i'm testing out:

[Image: Untitled.gif]

Is this better or worse than the original buttons I had for the back and forward buttons?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I Need Programming Ideas AceInfinity 19 3,562 05-25-2012, 09:13 PM
Last Post: itsupportlondon2012
  Give Me Some Ideas BreShiE 12 3,812 04-22-2012, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Shumaan
  Gimmie some ideas! Fragma 12 1,845 06-08-2011, 08:39 AM
Last Post: Hydrocodone
  Tumblr - Name Ideas iCrack 3 9,627 05-14-2011, 10:07 AM
Last Post: iCrack
  [Panic Button Pressed] Job Interview? groovybluedog 4 841 04-11-2011, 03:08 AM
Last Post: groovybluedog