Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adopt a mom, 30 day Water Fast & I hope it's fast
Please explain yourself further so we can help you.
(03-20-2011, 09:02 AM)MRyan Wrote: -

Thanks, I appreciate it. My, hopefully temporary, insanity needs to be put to rest. I guess in a way I am doing it for my husband. I mean, I feel like I'm just spinning out of control recently. I've tried everything to regroup, but I can't this time. Can it be a woman's mid-life crisis? I don't know, but I want this for myself too. People have called me a Stepford wife & they're entitled to their opinions, I've been called trophy wife, heck I've been called the stereotype obedient Asian wife. It's not that, my husband & I want to please each other. I do admit, I feel because he goes out & earns a paycheck I'm suppose to do all the pleasing. And I have had many jobs in my homemaking career, but he's not supportive, he says he is, but trust me he's not. Then I end up quitting. He does not like to share me. And yes, he knows he's controlling, OCD etc..

That cheeseburger sounds really good. Oh I just thought of that Carl's Jr commercial I saw once where the sexy lady bites into the burger dripping sauce everywhere. What am I saying.... Save the Cows!

I'm glad that you have such a positive outlook on it in spite of all that. Just take care of yourself.

I'm not a doctor, but I'm a college student taking up Medical Technology, so I think I'm qualified to tell you this. The lack of sugars in your blood can make your brain function a little badly. Believe it or not, sugar (which can be found anywhere, even in just plain bread) is brain food. Our brain needs the sugar to function properly. When we fast (or skip a couple of meals), it uses the backup that we have stored in our fat tissues, which is released rather slowly, so it can never be enough to power our brain 100%; thus the headaches, dizziness, fainting feeling, etc.
Quote:My religion tells me that God made the universe. My science tells me how.

[Image: 034_p16.jpg]
(03-20-2011, 10:26 PM)Mao Wrote: I'm glad that you have such a positive outlook on it in spite of all that. Just take care of yourself.

I'm not a doctor, but I'm a college student taking up Medical Technology, so I think I'm qualified to tell you this. The lack of sugars in your blood can make your brain function a little badly. Believe it or not, sugar (which can be found anywhere, even in just plain bread) is brain food. Our brain needs the sugar to function properly. When we fast (or skip a couple of meals), it uses the backup that we have stored in our fat tissues, which is released rather slowly, so it can never be enough to power our brain 100%; thus the headaches, dizziness, fainting feeling, etc.

Thanks, I tell you this, I do know. My brain functioning badly is not due to low sugar. I'm sure I've lost brain cells during my pregnancies (Ha, Ha)

There's much better ways to stay healthy that just starving yourself.
I don't splel check.
Day 6 (Mon) 116 lbs. I only slept for 3 hrs last night. I could not fall asleep. I kept punching my pillow because I really wanted Mexican food. Woke up energized at 1 am. Still awake. I could have gone for my 12 miler. I started thinking & we all know what happens when we think laying in bed because we can't fall asleep.

No headaches, not dizzy. I had 1 small bowel movement since, what day 3 or 2? Must be from the semen (Ha, Ha), no really I think just the effects from the lemon naturally detoxing the walls of my colon. I thought about breaking my fast with Garden of Life RAW detox to really target the organs. I'll decide later. I'm actually a lot physically healthier than I thought or give myself credit. Not to be snobby about it. I;m actually a humble person despite how this jibber jabber may sound to some. I just haven't given myself any worth & I feel it hasn't been appreciated. I know my purpose here on Earth was totally destroyed, well maybe I'll talk about next time. I need to meditate & hush up the brain. Oh, just for a little Bio on my past health, I've had a basically healthy lifestyle for 13 years now, before that I lived off of Asian food, "junk", Taco Bell, burgers, emotional trauma etc...But just because I didn't know better. Than I proactively educated myself. This isn't the 1st Fast, but it's the 1st 30 day water Fast. The longest I ever went was 5 days when I was in my late 20's. But the purpose of this Fast is for entirely different reasons or I should say, why I started this Fast was due to an entirely different reason. A 2 lb weight lose, hmm, muscle? My muscles are all still there, no flab yet. My husband's loving the boney look. Personally, I like the athlete look that's achieved due to being an outdoors woman. It's fun to be out & active. I don't feel weak, yet. I'm sure I've got enough muscle for my body to go into self cannibalism & live off of water for longer than 30 days. Let's hope it doesn't go that far. I'm sure people have gone longer.
(03-21-2011, 07:37 AM)Scalise Wrote: There's much better ways to stay healthy that just starving yourself.

I agree, starvation is an unhealthy practice. Cleansing however I feel can be beneficial if practiced properly. Thank you for your concern, it's appreciated Smile I hope you stay for the whole 30 days.

Have a positive day!
MR
(03-20-2011, 10:41 AM)Gadget Wrote: I read your other thread, but I don't see the point in making a new one. Either way, good luck with your fast. I doubt I could do it.

Thanks for reading. It means a lot to me to have someone out there read my little story. As for creating the new thread, what can I say, but I'm a newbie. I made the thread here because I didn't know what category my little story goes under. That's all. I can be a simpleton Smile
(03-20-2011, 10:48 AM)GrammarPhreak Wrote: No point in making this thread buddy, but since you already did, you should link members to your other thread.

Duly noted, thank you kind sir/mama. So educate me. How does one link members to another thread? I can take being schooled, I'm thick skinned, but fair warning I can be pretty callous Smile
(03-20-2011, 11:43 AM)Mous Wrote: I don't even understand this?

What does fasting and adopting a mom have to do with each other?

HA, HA, join the club, sometimes I don't understand myself either so don't feel bad. For simplicity sake, let's just say it's for personal growth.

Fasting & adopting a mom, well I think I covered that already in my mountain of words.
Thanks for your time.
(03-20-2011, 07:37 PM)Deltron Wrote: Please explain yourself further so we can help you.

Um, do you really want me to jabber more than I already do? If you have a question you can ask me. I'm open minded about things.

Thanks!
Quote:1. No cross posting.

This is Rule 1 on the rules list, you're not aloud to cross post.
[Image: baked1.png]
(03-21-2011, 08:06 AM)MRyan Wrote: adopting a mom

I think this is where you lost most of us.
[Image: 1249325580.jpg]
If the sky is the limit, then I'll build a bridge up to it. If I make it back, I'd still want more, more. - Craig Owens
Cleansing yourself and fasting are 2 different things. To fully cleanse yourself you need plenty of antioxidants and lots of liquids as I can see you're doing here. The cleansing process involves the vitamins and minerals essential for keeping your digestive tract functioning smooth. I hear those Acai berries are great for cleansing, if you'd have in interest in that.

I'm just saying this because in what you're doing when you do make your way back to food there's a good chance your body will reject it, and you'll get more sick than when you've started. It's okay to eat, just make sure it's healthy and in moderation. Good luck Thumbsup
I don't splel check.
(03-21-2011, 07:23 AM)MRyan Wrote: Thanks, I tell you this, I do know. My brain functioning badly is not due to low sugar. I'm sure I've lost brain cells during my pregnancies (Ha, Ha)

Well, you're an adult, and I'm sure you know what you're doing. Just take care of yourself, we'll be sticking around for the next 30 days Superman
(03-21-2011, 07:55 AM)MRyan Wrote: Day 6 (Mon) 116 lbs. I only slept for 3 hrs last night. I could not fall asleep. I kept punching my pillow because I really wanted Mexican food. Woke up energized at 1 am. Still awake. I could have gone for my 12 miler. I started thinking & we all know what happens when we think laying in bed because we can't fall asleep.

No headaches, not dizzy. I had 1 small bowel movement since, what day 3 or 2? Must be from the semen (Ha, Ha), no really I think just the effects from the lemon naturally detoxing the walls of my colon. I thought about breaking my fast with Garden of Life RAW detox to really target the organs. I'll decide later. I'm actually a lot physically healthier than I thought or give myself credit. Not to be snobby about it. I;m actually a humble person despite how this jibber jabber may sound to some. I just haven't given myself any worth & I feel it hasn't been appreciated. I know my purpose here on Earth was totally destroyed, well maybe I'll talk about next time. I need to meditate & hush up the brain. Oh, just for a little Bio on my past health, I've had a basically healthy lifestyle for 13 years now, before that I lived off of Asian food, "junk", Taco Bell, burgers, emotional trauma etc...But just because I didn't know better. Than I proactively educated myself. This isn't the 1st Fast, but it's the 1st 30 day water Fast. The longest I ever went was 5 days when I was in my late 20's. But the purpose of this Fast is for entirely different reasons or I should say, why I started this Fast was due to an entirely different reason. A 2 lb weight lose, hmm, muscle? My muscles are all still there, no flab yet. My husband's loving the boney look. Personally, I like the athlete look that's achieved due to being an outdoors woman. It's fun to be out & active. I don't feel weak, yet. I'm sure I've got enough muscle for my body to go into self cannibalism & live off of water for longer than 30 days. Let's hope it doesn't go that far. I'm sure people have gone longer.

BTW, replacing all three meals with oatmeal is an alternative to your lemon diet. If you get the ones that aren't instant, you won't really gain any weight (loose some even); and it's full of fiber that can sweep your digestive tract clean. At least with this method you wouldn't feel starving.
Quote:My religion tells me that God made the universe. My science tells me how.

[Image: 034_p16.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  mental illness mom, i am so giving up richarda83 4 892 09-15-2012, 05:20 AM
Last Post: penguinknight
  Mom sick, diagnosed with OCD (Cleaning). TitaniumSpectrum 2 512 06-08-2012, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Pr0d
  Dad has a brain tumor but he won't let me tell my mom... 3 871 04-17-2012, 03:05 AM
Last Post: NekoChan
  My mom has behavioral problems, may be due to left temporal lobe cysts. advicetaker 0 498 09-12-2011, 07:49 PM
Last Post: advicetaker
  Lost my mom.. Sin 37 5,659 06-09-2011, 06:43 PM
Last Post: Crawls