Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adopt a mom, 30 day Water Fast & I hope it's fast
Day 7 (Tue) 115 lbs. Really dizzy towards the end of day 6. Drank more water to help with it & now have a pimple & starting to see a small rash. Probably the effects of toxins being pushed out of my system. I will not put lemon in water for Day 7 just to see if the rash goes away. I think it's the empty body with only citrus causes the rash. I was really looking for food, but kept my willpower. Just practiced guitar to keep me calm. I really need to sign up for yoga/mediating classes. I'm to impatient for it & it cost $$ I rather use for organic food.

I see someone moved the link here. I asked to educate me on how to do it, not do it for me, but thanks. (I'm a little sensitive when it comes to people just doing things instead of teaching) I tell you, if I had access to www back in my time, I probably wouldn't be so fudged up right now. But I'm sure there are many adults out there w/ way more issues (( like Japan.... this all seems so frivolous & shallow, doesn't it.)) but I also mean the "wannabe Hollywood people" At least that's what I've heard. I'm loose change, especially in this neck of the woods. Learn from this experience I'm having now. I didn't think it before, there comes a time when a person cracks; the Breaking Point. I'm not a person you would think would crack, but I did. Therapy cost $$ & I never thought I'd be one to see a phycologist, writing thoughts down on a journal doesn't cut it, sometimes you need someone on the receiving end, what better way to get it all out, than the internet. It's what the world has become. I thought about a blog, but that requires learning what exactly it is & to set one up, maybe if decide to participate as a Geek Squad Smile oh which leads me to my "geekier side" Wonder Woman is coming out this fall, I can't wait, I hope Adrianne Palicki doesn't fail us. I just might subscribe to cable because I don't think I can wait for it to come out on DVD, but I dislike commercials & waiting until next weeks episode.

Adopting a mom: I'm just a mom, that should explain that part. I have no parents/siblings/friends. I have my spouse & kids, my spouse & I, well we'll get to that later, maybe, but there are things you just don't talk about to your own young children, you wait until they're young adults/a situation arises for "a talk". I do know a majority of you are teens, but if anything just learn about my experience & hope it doesn't happen to you. I ask adopt a mom; when you go to an animal shelter what do you see? Animals that have been abandoned, unloved, uncared for. They need a home, love, to be taken care of. Like many of us, I too didn't get that. I didn't have the "Brady Bunch" I got dealt a shitty hand. ( And not to be all overly dramatic about things. ) You wouldn't think it, if you saw me on the street. I'm a regular looking mommy homemaker, but not a desperate housewife, I don't watch the show, just like 4 episodes, it sucks, thrill billies/jackass is more entertaining) I'm not an orphan, but being one would be no different than my childhood. As a child I had to grow up real quick & be an adult. Age 12 I learned I was an oops baby. That explains things now, but back than it fucks with your head. (and I came to terms w/ that in my late 20's to now) My home life consisted of watching my parents take knives to each other, guns, strangling, smoking, drinking etc. I got burnt once by a cigarette on my hand when I went to go hold hands w/ one of my uncles, I was 6/7 yrs old. I hid the knives when I knew another fight between my parents would escalate, I was about 8 that time. I got reprimanded afterwards for doing so. I didn't talk in preschool & finally in kindergarden, the teacher had to ask if I spoke english. Yes, I speak the language, it's called no one at home spoke to me, so I never spoke. I don't even have an accent. I was a chubby kid, cause I made my own food. Ice cream/half a box of cereal for breakfast, PACE (equivalent to large warehouse supermarkets) frozen foods-pizza and dinner a huge bag of popcorn/chips/soda/the other half of the cereal. My school lunches were weird. (Asian lunches, dude just give me a PB&J sandwich & save the Spam & sardines for the weekend mother!) I tasted one, a PB&J, I took a bite when I like 23 yr when I made one for my kid & even then it was more bread then PB&J. Can you believe I never had a whole PB&J sandwich until last year. (I do know, maybe that's what she could afford or knew...blah, blah.., but parents are "the adult", if I moved from a different country, I would learn that countries way of life, (oh don't get me started on this topic, maybe another day or if you really want to know just ask me) I proactively educate myself for my kids all the time so I can educate them, that's one of the things about being a parent. But remember, I'm an oops baby.. so....

So I ask just if somebody would adopt me as a friend, daughter, sibling, to help me through my time of need because I have no one else. I'm alone. Asking for help is difficult for my personality simply I'm too independent/stubborn/whatever. To stereotype, I'm more like a guy. I always said, I wish or should have been born male. I'm a loner, worker & normally, not so hormonal. (Remember, no offense to anyone)

The FAST represents willpower. I'm a healthy person when it comes to nutrition, although not a certified nutritionist, I'm well educated in the field. Thanks for your concerns, I'm not dead from starvation. I actually know what I'm doing on a FAST.(see previous explanation above, I don't want to repeat) When people do a FAST, sometimes they record everything & share results. People will bash, assume the worst & you know....

Oh, organic steel cut oatmeal sounds so good w/ organic fresh berries! Yummy, I can't wait to end the Fast.
(03-22-2011, 07:55 AM)MRyan Wrote: I see someone moved the link here. I asked to educate me on how to do it, not do it for me, but thanks. (I'm a little sensitive when it comes to people just doing things instead of teaching)

Don't take it personally. Only moderators can move threads, so if you need to do so in future, click the "report" button on your opening post.

Other functions of this forum are explained under Help :
http://www.supportforums.net/misc.php?action=help

(03-22-2011, 07:55 AM)MRyan Wrote: So I ask just if somebody would adopt me as a friend, daughter, sibling, to help me through my time of need because I have no one else.

Thanks for explaining this part, it makes sense now. Although I don't personally know of another mother on this forum, there are fathers here who have been long-term members of the community. So do feel welcome to share your experiences with us, and we will respond supportively as best to our knowledge.

Fasting is not something many of us are knowledgable about, though. I would expect you not to depend on us for advice about the process, since the most we can express is encouragement and concern. What other sources and support do you plan to seek, other than here?
Day 8 (Wed) 111 lbs. That was a drop in weight, but not surprised. It said website unavailable & was unable to log Wednesday symptoms, so I ended up having to end the Fast with an apple. The rash was the same, my body temperature dropped significantly & basically was freezing cold. Very dizzy, no strength, not even to practice guitar. I felt as if I had to throw up, my chest hurt. Stomach felt inside out. But thats not what made me decide to eat an apple. I had urinated blood. The icy cold, tender feeling on my lower back may be my kidney's under stress, nothing new for me & probably need to up the water intake from 16 cups/day to maybe 32 cups. And maybe next time 1 lemon/day instead of 2. To break the Fast, I had an apple about an 1 hour after I had a pear, an 1 hour after that about 1 cup of carrots. This is just a natural form of juicing, I don't have a fancy $500 juicer. After all that eating I became sick to my stomach, basically napped all day. Making plans for my next Fast. The last Fast in January was 5 days. (Total permanent weight lose was 5 pds.) I was mental then, but not as bad as this time. That was for holiday weight & not for mental strengthening. This Fast my body was able to endure 8 days. Practice makes perfect. Even though my body was unable to endure this Fast, I'm positive I would have been able to willpower to 30 days. The ultimate would be 60 days. Towards the end of the day I ate another apple & banana. I got a headache afterwards. Body was really cold.

Day 9 (Thur) 111 lbs. Woke up with headache, dizzy, not so cold anymore. No hunger, but I will eat to nourish my body. More fruit, then towards the mid-day I'll drink GOL RAW Meal along with fruit. I'll introduce oatmeal, probably by Friday afternoon. I should gain a good 4-5lbs. My body feels clean of toxins & will continuing eating my health meals to maintain weight, however I will eliminate the high mileage runs. Ill start out walking then increase a mile of running 5 day/week until I reach 5 miles. Next Fast Ill attempt is most likely end of April, so a month. As soon as I reach weight of 105 lbs, Ill have a schedule of 5 day Fast on a quarterly basis. I think 30 day Fast are for people with strong mind power. I would love to achieve that, but for now I'll make do with the physical benefits.

I can't help, but feel a bit of a failure. The brain is a powerful tool. I feel I should have been able to mentally teach my body to withstand the stress it was under (Neuroplasticity). My goal this time was to gain mental strength. This was not achieved. I believe its due to the unresolved feelings I have in my life. Until I can come to terms with these matters I don't see myself reaching 30 days. This journal helped me by just having people listen/comment. Sometimes it helps to have an ear. I also learned for me, without food, it takes my brain 4 days before cracking HA, HA, & be at a mild state of depression, that's not very long if you think about it. It's amazing what lack of food does to the human brain. Not to say start overeating. Hormone levels, glucose level, really just like an automobile.

In a way it figures my first time online journaling I ended up on a site with a majority of community of young adults. I tend to get along better with you anyways. The homemakers I meet are "crazier, HA HA" then I am. I'm not online much or computer savvy, so I think I'll stick to this site for support & logging in on my next Fast or whenever I feel like I need Support Forum. Thanks for being here & making sure I didn't die Smile

Friedrich Nietzsche......."What doesn't kill you makes you stronger"
I'd like a new mom though o.O

I heard only living on water could cause death within 3 days? o.o This is creepy... Anyways, i hope you'll survive through this, and good luck!
Glad to hear you're starting to eat again, and that you do feel cleansed. As for the mental strength. You did a hell of a lot better than I ever could.

Don't be so tough on yourself. Smile
I don't splel check.
Glad to know you're eating again. I have to admit, I got worried when I read about urinating blood.
Quote:My religion tells me that God made the universe. My science tells me how.

[Image: 034_p16.jpg]
(03-24-2011, 04:18 PM)Zyx Wrote: I'd like a new mom though o.O

I heard only living on water could cause death within 3 days? o.o This is creepy... Anyways, i hope you'll survive through this, and good luck!

Actually, your body can last a lot longer. It feeds off of stored fat, protein from muscles, whatever the body can find to survive before yes you do die. Water does prolong death. Naturally, the body will force (this is the battle of willpower) a person to eat in order to survive. But, when will power overcomes, a person can die. Then you go into brain power too as well, mentally telling yourself to survive. It's about inner strength.

Oh and also, wouldn't we all like a new mom?
(03-24-2011, 06:16 PM)Scalise Wrote: Glad to hear you're starting to eat again, and that you do feel cleansed. As for the mental strength. You did a hell of a lot better than I ever could.

Don't be so tough on yourself. Smile

Thank you for the kind words, glad to be eating again too.

Correction.....I meant when the lack of willpower overcomes, then yes you die.
This is what happens when you don't preview post 1st Smile

And by the way, since I'm on here, I agree, it is creepy, for someone who hasn't heard of Fasting. I won't hold it against you. It's not for everyone. But think about it, aren't a lot of things we don't understand creepy? That's why I like to try new things. Live life, have different experiences. It helps find and define who you are.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  mental illness mom, i am so giving up richarda83 4 892 09-15-2012, 05:20 AM
Last Post: penguinknight
  Mom sick, diagnosed with OCD (Cleaning). TitaniumSpectrum 2 512 06-08-2012, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Pr0d
  Dad has a brain tumor but he won't let me tell my mom... 3 872 04-17-2012, 03:05 AM
Last Post: NekoChan
  My mom has behavioral problems, may be due to left temporal lobe cysts. advicetaker 0 498 09-12-2011, 07:49 PM
Last Post: advicetaker
  Lost my mom.. Sin 37 5,659 06-09-2011, 06:43 PM
Last Post: Crawls