Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Progess in taskbar
I noticed that for some things you can see the progress in the taskbar icon. Is there a way to set it to show progress for more things with 3rd party software. ie, burning cds, downloads from firefox?
[Image: arch2.png]
(10-17-2009, 07:35 PM)ProspectDotNet Wrote: I noticed that for some things you can see the progress in the taskbar icon. Is there a way to set it to show progress for more things with 3rd party software. ie, burning cds, downloads from firefox?

I don't think so. I believe it's a built in thing and only works with IE. Hopefully more programs will support this feature as Windows 7 becomes more popular.

It looks sexy.
[Image: MreGSXsigcopy.png]

(10-17-2009, 07:38 PM)MreGSX Wrote: I don't think so. I believe it's a built in thing and only works with IE. Hopefully more programs will support this feature as Windows 7 becomes more popular.

It looks sexy.

Definitely! It worked when I downloaded something from Adobe too. So maybe major partnering companies get in on the sexiness! lol
All of my 'progress' programs work, Nero, Firefox Download Manager, Rendering in Premier Pro... I'm pretty sure it's suppose to work with all 'progress' apps... Unless it's some odd self-written program... I believe it's suppose to help out with a visual along side the 'old fashion' hour-glass...
(10-19-2009, 01:00 PM)Ovchik Wrote: All of my 'progress' programs work, Nero, Firefox Download Manager, Rendering in Premier Pro... I'm pretty sure it's suppose to work with all 'progress' apps... Unless it's some odd self-written program... I believe it's suppose to help out with a visual along side the 'old fashion' hour-glass...

Really? Are we talking about the same thing? Notice IE. That is the progress of a download.

[Image: 9r2bdi.jpg]

(10-19-2009, 01:47 PM)MreGSX Wrote: Really? Are we talking about the same thing? Notice IE. That is the progress of a download.

[Image: 9r2bdi.jpg]

Man, it looks so sweeeet!
Its a feature of Win 7 actually: http://geek.sylvainw.com/2009/10/12/cool...kbar-icon/

It is really cool feature, I really need to upgrade my current window viewing this feature Tongue
I notice it works on my computer whenever a program loads.
Yea, it works with Firefox and Chrome and anything else that uses a progress bar. No idea what tweak I enabled.
(11-08-2009, 01:59 PM)iBruteforce Wrote: Yea, it works with Firefox and Chrome and anything else that uses a progress bar. No idea what tweak I enabled.

Where do chrome and firefox use the progress bar? Even when downloading it doesn't show up on the taskbar, for me anyway.

I've only seen it working on IE and Windows Explorer. I guess I should look for a tweak that will fix this.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Guide] How to hide Taskbar Aero Previews and more AceInfinity 4 1,032 11-28-2011, 07:06 AM
Last Post: iMoney
  [Tutorial] Cancel Duplicate MSN Taskbar SkyLine 11 2,203 01-11-2010, 02:48 AM
Last Post: Jordan L.