Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overcoming an..addiction?
(03-18-2011, 10:37 AM)iceybunneh Wrote: Eh, I think I misworded or didn't elaborate enough. "Consumes your thoughts and interferes with your life" was meant to be taken that you're constantly fighting the urge to do something sexual, or you are doing something sexual because of your thoughts on a constant/habitual level. And things that you once held with value, such as hobbies, schoolwork, etc, are no longer important because of the all-consuming thoughts and actions caused by said thoughts. The same thing can happen with a drug addiction.

As for my own experience, I will admit to having a strong preference for anything sexual. if it's an addiction or not, I'm not sure.

Depends on who you ask, honestly. Any legal officials would
probably call you an addict.
Could be. I'm fine with my stance though because I at least recognize when something isn't appropriate. That and I have been and only will be with one person Blackhat
This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality. Embrace this moment, remember. We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

Proudly collared by Viral Dragon

Family:
HakkuR - <3 joo!
(03-18-2011, 10:43 AM)iceybunneh Wrote: Could be. I'm fine with my stance though because I at least recognize when something isn't appropriate. That and I have been and only will be with one person Blackhat

xD I hope you're right, young'un.

You got some years to go, so don't count your chickens before they hatch.
You're not that much older than me are you? Tongue 21, sir, and I'm set on who I want to spend my life with (who is just as stubborn as I am in the whole "you're stuck with me for life" department) XD

...we should probably get back on topic though. Lol.
This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality. Embrace this moment, remember. We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

Family:
HakkuR - <3 joo!
(03-18-2011, 10:55 AM)iceybunneh Wrote: You're not that much older than me are you? Tongue 21, sir, and I'm set on who I want to spend my life with (who is just as stubborn as I am in the whole "you're stuck with me for life" department) XD

...we should probably get back on topic though. Lol.

Meh, a few years :p

I'm not trying to say you're wrong, by any means, I'm actually saying
"break a leg", that's quite a feat these days.
Thank you very much, then :] I highly encourage people to stick together because it seems like couples fall apart so easily, especially over something like sex.

Going somewhat back on topic, @OP how dedicated are you to your girl? Something like this will take a lot of dedication and commitment. A lot of couples are at risk for one person cheating, if one person wants sex more than the other. Not saying you will, but you will need to find a definite distraction from those constant sexual thoughts and urges, at least until it starts to fade. It will take a lot of willpower. But you can do it if you're determined <3

Family:
HakkuR - <3 joo!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anime addiction? Derail 13 2,035 08-13-2011, 06:36 PM
Last Post: -Infectious
  Computer addiction and ansomnia yuenowo 11 1,294 07-19-2010, 11:10 AM
Last Post: Solidify