Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
School suspension
Seems to me like your not presenting a problem, just an action that you did. My opinion: learn how to control your anger, let people talk, now we they cause an action, that's when you react.
Active
(03-17-2011, 03:28 PM)Psychosis Wrote: did the right thing? Yes.
did it for the right reason? No.

but as was said you will be back in school soon. Hopefully your parents understand, how long are you suspended for?

lol that doesn't quite make sense to me. If he didn't do it for the right reason, how could he have done the right thing?

I've never encouraged fights, but i've been in a few. And not for attention, but i've won all my fights. I haven't been in as many as most people that i've seen. I believe I only won those fights because I believed that I was fighting for a good cause. That's when you know you did the right thing, because your action can be justified if your doing it for a purpose even if it seems inappropriate to the general public. If people know that you fought for something, you can earn quite a lot of respect from people knowing that you can stick up for what you believe in and what is 'right'.
(03-17-2011, 03:33 PM)Psychosis Wrote: thats not that bad, in my school for a fight you get 10 days suspension a ticket and anger management classes.

Well next fight I have in 4 years I get a 1 year suspension.
(03-17-2011, 06:10 PM)GrammarPhreak Wrote: Seems to me like your not presenting a problem, just an action that you did. My opinion: learn how to control your anger, let people talk, now we they cause an action, that's when you react.

But what about you're reputation? Make everyone make fun of you?
No sorry, I wouldn't let that happen. Victoire
I don't see the point in schools having anything to do with outside affairs involving fights. They only make those actions because they want to uphold the school citizenship reputation. It would create more decent people for solving issues without fights, but there should be judgment involved in justified actions for that kind of behavior in my honest opinion. If people can't be afraid of something then what would be the point in trying to do the right thing between people in a society.

It's like parenting, if you don't make the consequences bad enough, then the kids will just do it over and over again because it's not hard to pass the punishment. The court isn't going to do everything for you, but there's wormholes in every system anyway. There should be boundaries to it, but only to some extent.

I don't mean that this justifies people going to someone's house because they believe that they were in the wrong for just anything though.
(03-17-2011, 07:37 PM)Bullet Proof Wrote: Well next fight I have in 4 years I get a 1 year suspension.
(03-17-2011, 06:10 PM)GrammarPhreak Wrote: Seems to me like your not presenting a problem, just an action that you did. My opinion: learn how to control your anger, let people talk, now we they cause an action, that's when you react.

But what about you're reputation? Make everyone make fun of you?
No sorry, I wouldn't let that happen. Victoire

Reputation means nothing, stop worrying about & reacting to what other people think & do. Won't get you far in life buddy, need to learn how to control that anger because if you came down to where I live with that attitude, you wouldn't make it far, sorry, that won't get you very far in life.
Active
(03-17-2011, 07:57 PM)GrammarPhreak Wrote: Reputation means nothing, stop worrying about & reacting to what other people think & do. Won't get you far in life buddy, need to learn how to control that anger because if you came down to where I live with that attitude, you wouldn't make it far, sorry, that won't get you very far in life.

No, reputation does mean a lot in society. In the right context and circumstances though. But having a good reputation WILL get you far in life.
(03-17-2011, 07:59 PM)Infinity Wrote: No, reputation does mean a lot in society. In the right context and circumstances though. But having a good reputation WILL get you far in life.

Sorry for not making myself clear, I do agree. I guess what I meant to say is at school, reputation really doesn't matter. (He was referring to reputation the relates to being coward & scared at school, that's what I'm assuming.) In many other circumstances, reputation does mean much.
Active
(03-17-2011, 08:03 PM)GrammarPhreak Wrote: Sorry for not making myself clear, I do agree. I guess what I meant to say is at school, reputation really doesn't matter. (He was referring to reputation the relates to being coward & scared at school, that's what I'm assuming.) In many other circumstances, reputation does mean much.

In that context, it doesn't mean as much, but it still should be a personal concern to him, and that's understandable. Reputation at school however, does mean a lot in almost every other case.

You might be too young to understand, but reputation is a big part of loans as well. Banks won't give you a limitless amount of money, unless they know they can get something from your, or you can return that money because they gain interest on it. Their money is secured in most cases because if you don't pay up, if you have other expendables like properties, vehicles, etc... They can foreclose your house if you don't pay up, or force you to sell your house to get money from you.

You can make money off of loans if you are smart with them. Most people make the mistake of saying that they are bad. That's off topic however, but your reputation plays a role in determining how resilient banks will be on lending you their money. Well.... Others money lol.
(03-17-2011, 08:05 PM)Infinity Wrote: In that context, it doesn't mean as much, but it still should be a personal concern to him, and that's understandable. Reputation at school however, does mean a lot in almost every other case.

I agree, but sometimes, you shouldn't give in to people. Why risk putting your education on the line, just for a fight? My opinion: I don't care what people say,
(03-17-2011, 08:05 PM)Infinity Wrote: In that context, it doesn't mean as much, but it still should be a personal concern to him, and that's understandable. Reputation at school however, does mean a lot in almost every other case.

You might be too young to understand, but reputation is a big part of loans as well. Banks won't give you a limitless amount of money, unless they know they can get something from your, or you can return that money because they gain interest on it. Their money is secured in most cases because if you don't pay up, if you have other expendables like properties, vehicles, etc... They can foreclose your house if you don't pay up, or force you to sell your house to get money from you.

You can make money off of loans if you are smart with them. Most people make the mistake of saying that they are bad. That's off topic however, but your reputation plays a role in determining how resilient banks will be on lending you their money. Well.... Others money lol.

I 100% agree with you sir.
Anyways, you still did the right thing, I forgot that he pushed you first. You had the right in your own way to punch him, but in the future, think about your education first.
Active
(03-17-2011, 08:08 PM)GrammarPhreak Wrote: I agree, but sometimes, you shouldn't give in to people. Why risk putting your education on the line, just for a fight? My opinion: I don't care what people say

Now that is what I was looking for Smile it's about prioritizing what's worth it, and what isn't.