Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[HELP] Program I Made not running?
Hello SF. I recently made a program in Visual Basic 2008, and it is not running at ALL on my computer. I can debug it, but not run it in .exe format. Please help.

FYI:
Win7 Ultimate x64
4GB RAM
.NET Framework 4
(03-15-2011, 05:14 PM)Imagine Wrote: Hello SF. I recently made a program in Visual Basic 2008, and it is not running at ALL on my computer. I can debug it, but not run it in .exe format. Please help.

FYI:
Win7 Ultimate x64
4GB RAM
.NET Framework 4

What part is not running properly? A piece of code or the whole GUI? upload the program and give me a DL link to ur executable, ill check it out bro!
[Image: t5BWm.png]
Well what are you trying to run. This is how it should be. You press the build button. Than by default you go to documents, visual studio 2010 ( or whatever version you have ) than projects, the name of the project, than the name again, than bin, than debug and there you go, there should be an exe in there along with a couple other files. p.s those extra files are not need when you distribute the exe.
(03-15-2011, 07:26 PM)RDCA Wrote: Well what are you trying to run. This is how it should be. You press the build button. Than by default you go to documents, visual studio 2010 ( or whatever version you have ) than projects, the name of the project, than the name again, than bin, than debug and there you go, there should be an exe in there along with a couple other files. p.s those extra files are not need when you distribute the exe.

I believe he says that "it is not running at ALL on my computer." so that would mean that he cannot run it, but it is clearly located on his computer. He doesn't need anything found. If however that is the case, the correct path to locate a projects executable is "%userprofile%\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\*ProjectNameHere*\bin\Debug"
(03-15-2011, 07:50 PM)L3g1tWa5te Wrote: I believe he says that "it is not running at ALL on my computer." so that would mean that he cannot run it, but it is clearly located on his computer. He doesn't need anything found. If however that is the case, the correct path to locate a projects executable is "%userprofile%\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\*ProjectNameHere*\bin\Debug"
Well i wasn't sure because his post was not very well explained. I can probably fix it for him via team viewer. Most likely some coding issues.
(03-15-2011, 07:52 PM)RDCA Wrote: Well i wasn't sure because his post was not very well explained. I can probably fix it for him via team viewer. Most likely some coding issues.

Yes I am in total agreement, it was not very well explained. I don't think it might be a coding issue... Something more technical most likely.
OK sorry guys. I know what i did wrong. I renamed the wrong .exe file. Like the .exe.manifest, and the other file. Thanks for trying to help. Pirate
Well that was a tad silly Man. Always remember that it has to be an executable file to run Tongue
Check for any errors, next time it should tell you.
I <3 Iceybunneh best friend and fun to mess with!

[Image: iklW6C.png]

Do WerK LeGIT
- Never LIE
- Never CHEAT
- Never SteaL

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Computer Information - Program Made By Me BreShiE 25 7,454 06-29-2012, 06:01 PM
Last Post: iRtehLeet
  [VB.NET] [Simple and easy] The application is allready running [SRC] ★ASI_F★™ 0 793 06-19-2011, 07:38 PM
Last Post: ★ASI_F★™
  [Source] Get Startup and Running Process euverve 0 822 05-12-2011, 09:45 AM
Last Post: euverve
  [HELP]Code Snippet for Running a file from same folder(VB .NET)[HELP] CtrlAltxGhostx 1 662 11-04-2010, 06:04 AM
Last Post: Marik™
  Problem witth running another file huso69 2 704 02-18-2010, 10:41 AM
Last Post: Eleqtriq