Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
who created god.
This is easy it was clearly the all powerful Vultron.
[Image: phillybrSoftBorder.png?t=1300163091]
Ahh, I love this thread.

All I can tell you is whoever did should've copyrighted that SOB, talk about a FORTUNE. Big Grin
I think human minds aren't even intellectually capable of figuring this out. We cannot comprehend this & we don't know a definite answer.
Active
(03-14-2011, 11:47 PM)Taxadox Wrote: Which goes to that absolutely everything we know is an educated guess. Do we know for sure that there will be a tomorrow? We assume there will be. I'm agnostic as well so I have an idea at where you stand in your opinion.

Also those who suggest the Bible is right is also false. The bible could all be a work of fiction. Star Wars could have been written by Luke Skywalker and sent here and could be even judged as a religion as well.

There are people who live by the Spider-man quote (Not kidding) "With great power comes great responsibility", so why shouldn't Spider Man have his own religion as well?

That's my point, I don't HAVE a standpoint.
That's kinda my purpose for being Agnostic,
I don't know, so I don't pretend to know, and I
don't assert that science > religion or vise versa.

My lack of understanding is exactly why I refuse to say
"I know I am right." So I say "There could, or could not be a God."

I've used this argument plenty of times;

Let's say "God" is named Joe. (assuming he exists)
The thing is, he's never TOLD any one what his name is.
Even still, people ASSUME they KNOW who he is/isn't.
Therefore, for all they know, they could be calling "Joe"
by the wrong name, which is presumptuous and egotistical
to say that you know for a FACT that the name you give
"God" is in fact correct. (Weather that be calling him "Bob" instead
of "Joe" or just telling him that he doesn't exist.)

My entire statement, summed up is;
Don't ever say you *know* who God is, if you're religious,
and don't ever say he doesn't exist if you're not.
Neither of those statements can be proven,
so why make such an assumption?
Quote:If anything - this blows the lid off science more so than anything;
Your science is based on THEORY. An educated GUESS.
You're not doing any better than any one else on this subject,
so there's not point in really discussing that "science has done this or that".
Same goes for religion. If you're going to discuss WHY you BELIEVE that things are the way they are, that's different.
but outright stating that you KNOW things are impossible for a being that SUPPOSEDLY is above all other things
is childish, and immature.

Science is based off observation and our knowledge to draw logical conclusions, religion on the other has no logic nor observations to draw off of, thus making atheism or perhaps Agnosticism the logical choice.
(03-15-2011, 03:10 PM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: Science is based off observation and our knowledge to draw logical conclusions, religion on the other has no logic nor observations to draw off of, thus making atheism or perhaps Agnosticism the logical choice.

Religion is based off observation as well, just a different sense of the word.
The entire point of religion (to me) is to try and put words to something
ineffable. Tell me, can science equate "infinity"?

Hell, for that matter, can science calculate something that happens (once),
or even in an uncontrolled environment? Science struggles proving things
like natural selection just because of all the minute and miniscule details
that come with how genes are bred from one generation to the next.
So, I honestly kinda fail to see how such an imperfect attempt at
calculation can *try* to be more perfect than something hypothetically
perfect, and immeasurable.

Honestly, this is like trying to use numbers to prove/disprove ghosts.
As far as "logic" goes, to me, logic would be;

"Absence of evidence, isn't evidence of absence"

Even on human standards.
Just because there isn't enough evidence to convict someone
of a crime, doesn't mean there was no crime committed. OR
Just because you can't prove "God", doesn't mean he becomes an
impossibility.

When you say that "God" not existing is more logical,
that's leaning toward Atheism, and less Agnostic, in my opinion.
(03-14-2011, 10:30 PM)wtftwice Wrote: His beliefs are his beliefs, there's no need to be an ass about it.
I believe in my religion and god. I can give several examples, but I doubt someone as naive as you would even give it a second thought.

Also, most of your theories in your OP are just that, mere theories. Just because it has the word "science" associated with it you believe it. It isn't anything anyone can prove, the same as religion.

Space is infact your ass, it's covered full of crap. Let's call that crap the "theories".

edit:
(03-14-2011, 10:42 PM)Mous Wrote: If anything - this blows the lid off science more so than anything;
Your science is based on THEORY. An educated GUESS.
You're not doing any better than any one else on this subject,
so there's not point in really discussing that "science has done this or that".
Same goes for religion. If you're going to discuss WHY you BELIEVE that things are the way they are, that's different.
but outright stating that you KNOW things are impossible for a being that SUPPOSEDLY is above all other things
is childish, and immature.
Thank you mous.

One im not naive, lol. Now that that is cleared up. SCIENCE is not all theories...there is proof. Any god that is omnipotent, and omnipresent is impossible. It's like saying Barak Obama can be in the USA and France at the geneva convention at the same time. Furthermore it breaks the rules of physics, but since physics is nothing more then a theory as you put it then why believe in gravity or anything else? Furthemore to add to my rant, the bible was rewritten by the vatican , that's why some bibles say king james version. The english church had the bible stripped of scriptures that they didn't want the public to know, and that is FACT ! There is testimony from other disciples never even known to most christians because they are to arrogant and Naive to do any research of their own. So before you believe a book that is older then your great grandmother ask yourself why it was seized and rewritten? Then study some science gain some logic and maybe then you will realize that it is highly unlikely a deity is looking down on us. Notice I said "Highly unlikely ". Im an agnostic . But science is close just not close enough.
Yes man made god, its so we could explain what we couldn't before, but people feed to much into it, and people used it as exploits like taxes, so now its pretty much a requirement in some countries.
(03-15-2011, 04:12 PM)RDCA Wrote: Yes man made god, its so we could explain what we couldn't before, but people feed to much into it, and people used it as exploits like taxes, so now its pretty much a requirement in some countries.

Thank you! A logical, solipsist thinker !
(03-15-2011, 04:13 PM)Socrates Wrote: Thank you! A logical, solipsist thinker !
Yes i don't feed into all that cacophony, but i like learning about it. It opens my eyes to other things.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who Created South Park? green89 4 596 02-11-2013, 03:33 PM
Last Post: Applesauce
  One of the reasons I believe there is a God Annuit Coeptis 33 6,025 09-04-2011, 01:36 PM
Last Post: Blazin
  Destroy/Rebuild Until God Shows -Infectious 6 1,004 08-10-2011, 11:07 PM
Last Post: JDBar
  God woman NekoChan 11 2,048 07-05-2011, 03:56 AM
Last Post: NekoChan
  Sick woman praises God for tragedy in Japan Fragma 26 4,865 03-16-2011, 02:45 PM
Last Post: NekoChan