Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gifts for Girls.
Gifts for breaking the ice, dates and special events. Mothers will love them, too.

Confectionery

Chocolates, sweets, cookies, pastries, sorbet, gelati and ice-cream. Think about quality, presentation and sharing. Lindt and Ferraro are reliable supermarket brands, but look out for specialty items made in your local area as well. Be sensitive to allergens or diet. Package the product in a gift bag or brown paper, wrap a few times with ribbon, and knot with a sprig or twig. For a more casual approach, dine at a cafe or takeaway your confectionary of choice, together.

Toys and decor

Soft toys, figurines, throw cushions, scarves and wraps. Think about how the item will be used or displayed, and personal style. Soft toys will most likely live on the bed to be cuddled, while figurines can stand on shelves or tables. Stylish options are throw cushions which go on the bed or the floor, while scarves and wraps can be used as room decor. Don't be fooled by size: delicate details matter when choosing these items. Look at sewn edges, texture and simple colour combinations which can match her favourite colours.

Scent

Flowers, bath products, candles and soap. Think about colours and scents which are soft rather than strong, since it is easier to concentrate scent than it is to dilute. Freesia, camellias and lillies are fresher alternatives to roses. Bath products should never clash with perfume, so choose scents like green tea, aloe vera and cucumber. Candles and soaps are practical as decorations and air fresheners. Unscented supermarket candles (pillar candles are the most adaptable) can be wrapped separately with ribbon, and presented with a gift voucher for an aromatherapy retailer. Look for handmade soap with honey or milk properties, wrap individually, and present as a set of two or three.

Investment

Jewelry, perfume, collectables and subscriptions are of a higher price-point than the suggestions above. These purchases require a more intimate knowledge of specific taste and style. History and quality matter, so be sure to consult reputable sources when buying. Vintage jewelry and collectables from second-hand shops can be value for money if chosen carefully. Subscriptions to causes, charities, magazines and galleries are usually informative for time spans of more than three months, thus education and time commitment are part of the gift.
This will help when I buy my girlfriend things. Thanks Eve.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

(03-14-2011, 09:41 AM)Cybr Wrote: This will help when I buy my girlfriend things. Thanks Eve.

Appreciate the prompt response, and glad you think it helpful.
I am so glad my girlfriend isn't into this stuff.
At least not all the super-girly stuff.
(03-14-2011, 09:52 AM)Mous Wrote: I am so glad my girlfriend isn't into this stuff.
At least not all the super-girly stuff.

What does she prefer? I can add to the list.

I bought my mum perfume - Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Eau de Toilette Spray 100ml
last week for her birthday and she loves it.
It cost £67.92 / $110.
It had great reviews so I was willing to spend a lot on it.
I always get girls perfume or jewelry.
[Image: burninglove4.png]
Perhaps consider adding pets onto there, of course that's best left out of consideration unless your relationship is serious but if the couple in question lives together or will soon, it's always a safe bet and you know for sure it won't get tossed in some closet to collect dust.
(03-14-2011, 11:35 AM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: Perhaps consider adding pets onto there, of course that's best left out of consideration unless your relationship is serious but if the couple in question lives together or will soon, it's always a safe bet and you know for sure it won't get tossed in some closet to collect dust.

I bought a puppy in front of a gas station for $10 for my last girlfriend. ^.^

(03-14-2011, 11:51 AM)Cybr Wrote: I bought a puppy in front of a gas station for $10 for my last girlfriend. ^.^

How thoughtful of you, what a lucky lady. Smile
(03-14-2011, 11:52 AM)Fragma Wrote: How thoughtful of you, what a lucky lady. Smile

Well, it wasn't planned. We were there, and this kid was trying to sell it, and she wanted it.. so yeah. Thumbsup

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What gifts did you get this year. :) AMD 6 827 01-20-2013, 11:26 PM
Last Post: tifenni
  What type of girls do you think these are???? aldeeyego 9 1,973 10-14-2011, 10:15 PM
Last Post: The_Digital_Soldier
  Valentine's Day Gifts? AceInfinity 10 1,406 02-14-2011, 07:52 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity