Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At what age did you get your license?
I'm 15 and I should have my license in around 7-8 months.
I have mine at 16. It's a provisional, lets me Drive Mopeds, Scooters, etc.

I'm doing my Driving Test next year.
[Image: ZOuHf.png]
Red Bull Racing
Im 16 right now and I dont even have my learners lol.
I'm still awaiting to get myn.
Once you guys get your license, in your respective states do you have to wait a certain time before you can drive passengers?

Here in Connecticut it's 6 months to drive immediate family, and another 6 months to drive anyone. If you get caught driving with somebody you're not supposed to I believe they can suspend your license up to 6 months.
I don't splel check.
Scalise, When you get your license you're only suppose to drive with one other person, which no one really follows.
(04-19-2011, 07:30 AM)Spectrum Wrote: Scalise, When you get your license you're only suppose to drive with one other person, which no one really follows.

You're supposed to drive with an adult that is at least 18 and has had their license for 4 years and never gotten it suspended for the PERMIT.

When you get your license you can only drive alone for the first 6 months, after that you can drive family, and then friends 6 months after that.

I don't splel check.
(04-19-2011, 07:52 AM)Scalise Wrote: You're supposed to drive with an adult that is at least 18 and has had their license for 4 years and never gotten it suspended for the PERMIT.

When you get your license you can only drive alone for the first 6 months, after that you can drive family, and then friends 6 months after that.

Odd, here in Canada they just restrict the driving times, no driving between 3am until 5 am or something, if you're under 18.

There's also a condition of no more passengers than seaabelts, which is a law anyways. Oh and of course 0% blood alcohol allowed, as opposed to .08 with a full license.

Here we can get our learners at 14, license at 16 with conditions, then full license at 18 (can drive after a few beer etc.).
(04-19-2011, 07:56 AM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: Odd, here in Canada they just restrict the driving times, no driving between 3am until 5 am or something, if you're under 18.

There's also a condition of no more passengers than seaabelts, which is a law anyways. Oh and of course 0% blood alcohol allowed, as opposed to .08 with a full license.

Here we can get our learners at 14, license at 16 with conditions, then full license at 18 (can drive after a few beer etc.).

We get learners at 15 I think, I don't really know I got mine at 16. License w/ limitations (people, curfew, etc.) then full license such as yourself at 18 but no BAC until you're 21, seeing that drinking until then is illegal Tongue If you get caught under 21 drinking and driving they will suspend your license for a year, jail you, and fine you.

Oh, for the curfew I think it's 11 PM to 5 AM, but it's stupid because it doesn't count if you're driving home, to school or to work. And where else would you be going at 3 in the morning? lol
I don't splel check.
(04-19-2011, 08:00 AM)Scalise Wrote: We get learners at 15 I think, I don't really know I got mine at 16. License w/ limitations (people, curfew, etc.) then full license such as yourself at 18 but no BAC until you're 21, seeing that drinking until then is illegal Tongue If you get caught under 21 drinking and driving they will suspend your license for a year, jail you, and fine you.

Oh, for the curfew I think it's 11 PM to 5 AM, but it's stupid because it doesn't count if you're driving home, to school or to work. And where else would you be going at 3 in the morning? lol

When I was 16 I just kept a friends tim hortons uniform in my truck, there's 8+ Tim Hortons in my city so it was quite easy to pass whatever I was doing at the moment off as going to work.

I never really drove that much that late anyways, if I'm up that late I'm usually drinking so no driving for me.