Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are We Real?
Well, I was just wondering are we real? How do you know the world we live in isn't a figment of our imagination.

I'd like someone to prove to me that anything is real, besides yourself. I'd like to hear all of your arguments.
Go.
Would we not need to be real in order to have an imagination?

It also depends what you define as "real". Even if this was a figment of our imagination, the figment would be real, so therefore we would also be real.

What is the opposite of real? If we aren't real, then what are we?
"I think therefore I am." You are correct there. You are real, but am I? Is the keybaord your typing with?

And real as in, what you define as real. A family member dying, that is supposedly real.
You can't really know that. So.

This all could be our dreams, being connected in a giant network.
We are in a video game of another world. Like The Sims for us.
No need to ask this question because no one knows. Human minds cannot comprehend it.
Active
(03-13-2011, 01:26 PM)iMaяᵼọ999 Wrote: We are in a video game of another world. Like The Sims for us.

Did you read my thread on HF about the world being made in a supercomputer and our god being a programmer? O.o
(03-13-2011, 01:28 PM)Zyx Wrote: Did you read my thread on HF about the world being made in a supercomputer and our god being a programmer? O.o

Nope. But I was kidding also... I think we are real...
(03-13-2011, 01:44 PM)Zyx Wrote: http://www.hackforums.net/showthread.php?tid=1108028

I think it's quite interesting, and worth to read. But you might think other thoughts.

Sorry for offtopic-ness..

But then what would god be? And this computer? Where would they be, what would they be made of?
Let's say God & this computer which controls the whole of this world is in a different universe.. Would that universe be real? Or would that universe be controlled by a different god with a different computer in a different universe? Therefore, a never ending cycle...