Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MozBackup [Download]
MozBackup

Hey guys, a friend showed me this program and I have found it to be extremely useful. Basically, it allows you to "backup" your firefox/thunderbird settings. When I say settings, I mean everything. Add-ons, config settings, themes, bookmarks, EVERYTHING.

The reason I like it so much is because I don't have to reapply my settings/themes when I get a new computer or reformat, I can just do it once and be done with it.

[Image: a9w7xv.jpg]

How to use it:

1. Install MozBackup

2. Choose "Backup Profile" ("Restore Profile" if you have already backed up your settings and want to apply them)

3. Choose your application (Firefox, Thunderbird ect.)

4. Choose what settings your backup will include. (Cookies, saved passwords, extensions ect.)

5. Choose the path where the backup will be saved. Then you just go through the process. (basically click "next" a couple times)

6. Just send the .pcv file (your settings) to your e-mail so you can download it whenever you need to from any computer. It's that easy.

[Image: MreGSXsigcopy.png]

I already got this, and man, it will save EVERYONES life's.

Because I used to format my PC, like, ALOT.. and I had a lot of bookmarks and passwords saved in FF, so I Google'd and found this.

Thanks tho.
(10-17-2009, 12:35 PM)Headshot Wrote: I already got this, and man, it will save EVERYONES life's.

Because I used to format my PC, like, ALOT.. and I had a lot of bookmarks and passwords saved in FF, so I Google'd and found this.

Thanks tho.

Yeah, it basically saves me an hour of work. Trying to remember all of my add-ons, passwords, themes ect. It just gets really annoying. :p

(10-17-2009, 01:04 PM)MreGSX Wrote: Yeah, it basically saves me an hour of work. Trying to remember all of my add-ons, passwords, themes ect. It just gets really annoying. :p
Or more, and yup.
One of my favorite tools. Backs up firefox and thunderbird nicely. I use this to back up daily so when i format i dont have to worry about that side of it.
Must have tool. Great post mate.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Oh, really? I didn't know that tool ! This will help me for the next format, thanks a lot !
(10-17-2009, 04:36 PM)Spl3en Wrote: Oh, really? I didn't know that tool ! This will help me for the next format, thanks a lot !

Yeah. You can use Xmarks (an addon) for your bookmarks, and there's some addon for add-ons and such called FEBE, but I'm 100% sure it doesn't work.
(10-17-2009, 04:36 PM)Spl3en Wrote: Oh, really? I didn't know that tool ! This will help me for the next format, thanks a lot !

Your welcome.

This is definitely a must have for a firefox user.

I'm going to bump this, because it needs to be seen.
(04-20-2010, 12:40 AM)Elektrisk Wrote: I'm going to bump this, because it needs to be seen.

Yeah, I wish it was more portable and you didn't need to install it like ATF-Cleaner
[Image: kco478.png]