Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
PC Components Buying Guide
(03-13-2011, 12:10 AM)Deltron Wrote: Although you have some good parts here, I feel that this is not necessary nor effective.

If you are able to update this at least once a week, which is a difficult task to maintain, I believe that the prices of parts are continuously changing, which will vary the parts that should be bought at the time.

In opposition to this, if members post a thread requesting for parts, we are able to provide them with updated parts with low prices, rebates, etc.

I don't know what components come out once a week, or prices change once a week. When something major comes out, I'll update the guide.

Aside from rebates and combos, prices don't change nearly that often, and even if they do it won't be substantially and won't really change the usefulness of the guide. Maybe change the builds ~$20 every month.

You're making it out like new components are released daily and the prices of said components fluctuate dramatically, which can't be further from the truth. From the making of this guide one month ago, none of my builds have changed more than $15 in price. Your claims about this guide don't really have much foundation and saying that it's not effective nor necessarily is ridiculous.

It's helped plenty of users on HF and I'm sure that it will help plenty of users on here as well.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help buying a PC. Fragma 20 2,886 02-25-2011, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Untouch
  buying a new pc iLegendary 7 1,071 12-12-2009, 02:03 PM
Last Post: Gone
  Buying new PC. υℓqυισяяα 6 2,573 10-24-2009, 12:04 AM
Last Post: Marda
  What do you think about this components? ches 11 1,588 10-15-2009, 08:59 PM
Last Post: ElephantShoe
  Buying a new computer. Elektrisk 10 1,481 10-15-2009, 04:27 PM
Last Post: Lazydude2000