Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need a quality first car, help!
I'm 17, have plenty of money and a great job. Just need a car...

I'm yet to really start looking, mainly because I don't know what to look for. I want a nice quality car which will last but also not look like a decrepit pile in the driveway. My budget is anywhere up to $10K, but I'd rather not come so close to that, as there's tons on better places to invest my money. I just want to get around and look good doing it.

I'm a fan of older cars, especially classic muscles. I supposed I could buy a running project car and put some money in to restore it, but finding one is my area of concern.

I've also looked at small pickups, as I do own a quad which would be nice to haul around. Perhaps an S10 or maybe even a C10 stepside with future plans of getting it down on bags.

I really don't know. Just throw me some ideas here.

And please don't suggest a Honda, I will never invest in their foreign garbage.
90's Camaros are always nice, but my sister had a Nissan Altima for he first car and it was decent looking,got good MPG and had good steering ( well I think so atleast).
[Image: sigservice212.png]

Toyotas are very dependable.

We got Trucks: http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&rlz=&...80&bih=699

We got dependable and good on gas cars: http://www.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&...Toyota+cor

http://www.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&...&oq=toyota

If you are looking for more of a sporty car I would suggest: http://www.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&...=&oq=mazda

My first car is either going to be the Tacoma or Toyota Highlander.
Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.
-Adolf Hitler

A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.
-JFK

Was never a huge fan of Camaros, don't know why. As for Nissans, I don't have a problem with them but I'd learn more towards a tunable/more commonly modded version. We have plenty of car clubs around here and it'd be nice to fit in. A 240SX or Silvia K would be pretty sexy, the only problem is finding one that doesn't already have 200K on it.

For the Toyotas, I could go for a little pickup, a trophy truck sort of deal. I'd probably end up beating the crap out of it anyways. I'm not one to take care of anything to be honest, so the more durable the better.

I honestly don't plan on keeping this car more than 5 years anyway, if they can even last that long. Unless I really fall in love with it somehow... FIRSTCAROMG<3 haha.
I suggest you to buy German car I am not from Germany but I know their cars are the best ... Its true they are expensive when u buy them but they work a long time + cheap service!
(03-15-2011, 04:51 AM)Tyzee Wrote: I suggest you to buy German car I am not from Germany but I know their cars are the best ... Its true they are expensive when u buy them but they work a long time + cheap service!

Not exactly. Plenty of European cars are a PITA to import parts and find a correct/cheap dealership to do the hard work.

Plus the measurement system screws some things up, not to mention the different necessary tools to get the job done.
Have you looked at any dealerships or used car lots yet?

When my husband was looking for a used car, I think the car we found a 1997 Chevy Malibu for about $5000. Still in good shape, too. Assuming you're not looking for flashy or something brand new, used car lots can have some good dependable cars for your every day commute.

Or, go to a dealership and see if they have any preowned vehicles. I'd say for a quality first car, go for something fuel efficient, which counts out most trucks and SUVs. I have a 2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport and that thing is a beast...it just eats up a lot more gas than I have money for, most times :/
This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality. Embrace this moment, remember. We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

Proudly collared by Viral Dragon

Family:
HakkuR - <3 joo!
(03-18-2011, 12:21 PM)iceybunneh Wrote: Have you looked at any dealerships or used car lots yet?

When my husband was looking for a used car, I think the car we found a 1997 Chevy Malibu for about $5000. Still in good shape, too. Assuming you're not looking for flashy or something brand new, used car lots can have some good dependable cars for your every day commute.

Or, go to a dealership and see if they have any preowned vehicles. I'd say for a quality first car, go for something fuel efficient, which counts out most trucks and SUVs. I have a 2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport and that thing is a beast...it just eats up a lot more gas than I have money for, most times :/

Was just about to update this post and say I want a truck LOL.

I'm always hauling stuff around and it's a real PITA trying to get someone to help you out. It'd be easier to just have one myself. As for mileage, I'm not one to commute, I'd drive maybe 10 miles a day tops.

I also have a steady job so money really isn't tight, and it'd be the only real funds I'd be spending a month besides the phone bill.

I don't splel check.
Ahh. Well a truck is a good option if you have a use for it. I live in Texas, where everyone and their mother has a truck (no joke really xD) and it's a waste if you get a car that big and have no use for it. If you're using it to haul stuff around, that's a lot more efficient than a tiny little sedan. If money is no problem then with how gas prices are going up, you can probably fill that gas guzzler xD
This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality. Embrace this moment, remember. We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

Proudly collared by Viral Dragon

Family:
HakkuR - <3 joo!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is your Favorite Dream Car Dcrac23 233 128,310 05-03-2014, 06:27 PM
Last Post: Detective RooTz
  My car Psychosis 28 8,046 08-04-2013, 05:18 PM
Last Post: Uzi
  Car Picture of the day . sunexim 5 886 12-31-2012, 01:35 PM
Last Post: Oveяloяd
  What car would you buy? XACTLYSIN 28 9,882 11-27-2012, 03:10 AM