Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3D animation reels

Here's an interesting video i've seen from a student enrolled in a 3D animation program they have in Vancouver. I just thought i'd share it with you.

They have some AMAZING stuff... This is a video i'd recommend that you watch just to show how advanced some of the effects can get. This is only scratching the surface obviously too.

I'm interested in doing this kind of an animation reel. I just need to look into some courses soon.
These are pretty bad ass. I wonder if they made the bike in 3DS Max?
Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.
-Adolf Hitler

A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.
-JFK

I did find a really interesting animation of a Wolf character that they created, but I haven't found it on their channel. I'd have to look through my history, they have over 800 videos on that channel. It's a fairly well established institute from the reviews i've been reading.

I found it:

Dam that motorbike one was awesome, would have taken ages to create that.
There was soo much detail in it.
[Image: burninglove4.png]
I've been doing stuff like this lately. It's actually surprisingly easy to do.
Hardest part for the 2nd one would be modelling the bike, the rest is soooo easy.

(03-09-2011, 04:45 AM)Fragma Wrote: .
Hardest part for the 2nd one would be modelling the bike, the rest is soooo easy.

That's what I was talking about, the bike.
[Image: burninglove4.png]
(03-09-2011, 07:45 AM)Untouch Wrote: That's what I was talking about, the bike.

I know I read your post lol. Tongue
(03-09-2011, 02:37 AM)Untouch Wrote: Dam that motorbike one was awesome, would have taken ages to create that.
There was soo much detail in it.

Getting a 3D vector of the guy I would imagine too, since the original table itself wouldn't move. You can notice a reflection on the left side just before he exits the garage too. There's lots of minor details in that one, and thats what I like about it Smile very interesting stuff
Whats most impressive is how well they have composited the bike into the scene. It can be quite a struggle getting the lighting and shadows too look right.

I might do some tutorials for stuff like this soon. I'll start off with camera tracking since that's the key ingredient for compositing into live footage.
ha ha that is sick nice share man Smile