Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Something that pisses me off
I think you just took the WRONG approach. Your teacher does have a point. Everybody learns differently. As a teacher, he/she is obviously interested in making the education process more efficient for the entire student body as a whole, so they will always be looking out for the interests of their students in general. It's possible you just have a bad teacher, but to be quite honest it's very unlikely. Most teachers WANT to help you learn, or they wouldn't be teachers.

Anyway, just try to look at it from his/her perspective. If you're serious about changing the way you learn you need to make a plan, don't just sit around and expect your teachers actions to change. You need to figure out WHAT it is that you're aiming to change, HOW you're going to do it, and the resources you will need. This pretty much relates to anytime you may be in need of a solution.

Once you have your base-line of information set in stone, look at your teacher's view of things. Figure out how he/she might react to your ideas, and look for reasoning as to why what you are trying to approach them with may be concerning. From there, compromise.

TL;DR: If you look deeper into the issue, different approaches may become apparent. From there, try to speak with your teacher in a manner that may be appealing to not only yourself, but your peers. From there, some-what significant results may come about!

Good Luck!
One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
Homework definitely helps. The repetition reinforces the material you are learning. For some subjects, it is unnecessary. However, in a lot of my classes, the homework really helps. (Latin, Math, and Biology).