Poll: Should we have this section?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
100.00%
4 100.00%
No
0%
0 0%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Suggestion] Coding section
Could we maybe have a subsection for other languages?

I think it would be quite useful. There are many other languages out there and I know people here code in them.
There is currently nowhere to post them.

Now vote on whether you think it would be worthwhile!
[Image: burninglove4.png]
It's not just a Visual Basic section, it's also a .NET section, which is why people post C# threads there.

The coding section isn't really very popular at the moment, so adding another section will just make it even less popular.
Just my opinion. Tongue
I'm not active in that section so I don't know... I will not vote!
(03-07-2011, 03:58 PM)Fragma Wrote: It's not just a Visual Basic section, it's also a .NET section, which is why people post C# threads there.

Yeah my bad I supose. Big Grin

(03-07-2011, 03:58 PM)Fragma Wrote: The coding section isn't really very popular at the moment, so adding another section will just make it even less popular.
Just my opinion. Tongue

That's impossible, no way would it become less popular if you broadened the range of languages to any. It can only have a positive effect. Tongue
[Image: burninglove4.png]
I think we should have that section, would be a + to SF.
(03-07-2011, 04:04 PM)Untouch Wrote: Yeah my bad I supose. Big Grin

(03-07-2011, 03:58 PM)Fragma Wrote: The coding section isn't really very popular at the moment, so adding another section will just make it even less popular.
Just my opinion. Tongue

That's impossible, no way would it become less popular if you broadened the range of languages to any. It can only have a positive effect. Tongue

Adding more sections to a not so popular category will lessen the activity.

I'm fine with the current settings, imo few langauges more wouldn't hurt if we had members to post in them.
However, I don't like the Web Development category...
Quote:For topics related to design, coding, and implementation of a website please post here. Help with XHTML, CSS, Javascript, and even PHP are included topics.

If you ask me, it should be atleast split into subforums.... we have a category for PHP, so "and even PHP are included topics"... is pointless..
JavaScript should have it's own category, so as HTML/CSS..
It's not even that active in the areas that we have currently. I've posted in there, and barely got a response or two. an "Other" Subsection, seems logical, but it's not in this case in my opinion. How many other languages is there that people would be willing to post in that area ? I can't think of too many
I think there should be thread prefixes.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

I think we should use prefixes, but not many people who are here to get some reputation and such would probably never even think about it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggestion: Add windows 8 to Windows support section. Eternal. 4 1,232 10-13-2014, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Clark
  Suggestion - Add: Sound Hardware section in Computer Support Topics Eternal. 2 760 10-12-2014, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Eternal.
  New Coding Support Forum Purple Haze 3 855 12-06-2011, 03:01 PM
Last Post: Closed Account
  My suggestions for Coding Support n00bikscube 3 1,063 11-28-2011, 08:17 PM
Last Post: ThisIsAThrow
  "Other" Coding subforum alabama 13 3,210 09-18-2011, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Fragma