Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
SF Mentors
(03-15-2011, 04:26 PM)Deltron Wrote: The only thing holding me back from implementing this rule is how it would work effectively. Any ideas?

Nothing really, other than what I already suggested. Someone applies on the thread, we each PM the leader if the answer is yes. After maybe 24 or 48 hours since the first PM the voting is closed and we notify the person?
(03-15-2011, 04:40 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: Nothing really, other than what I already suggested. Someone applies on the thread, we each PM the leader if the answer is yes. After maybe 24 or 48 hours since the first PM the voting is closed and we notify the person?

The problem with that is I don't think all members will participate in the voting, which will make it lopsided on the very few votes that are submitted.
(03-15-2011, 06:12 PM)Deltron Wrote: The problem with that is I don't think all members will participate in the voting, which will make it lopsided on the very few votes that are submitted.

Well if this a group with the best/most HQ members on SF then I think most of them would vote. We'd probably have to try it out and see. When someone applies you might have to be the one to PM everyone else to ask for their vote.
(03-15-2011, 07:07 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: Well if this a group with the best/most HQ members on SF then I think most of them would vote. We'd probably have to try it out and see. When someone applies you might have to be the one to PM everyone else to ask for their vote.
I would vote. With out the ability to vote being in the "mentors" group wouldn't mean much because the fact that none of your piers respect you.
(03-15-2011, 07:13 PM)RDCA Wrote: I would vote. With out the ability to vote being in the "mentors" group wouldn't mean much because the fact that none of your piers respect you.

You make no sense.
(03-15-2011, 07:34 PM)Deltron Wrote: You make no sense.

It made sense. He's saying that having members vote on new members would let the respected members of SF in, supporting the purpose of this group.
(03-15-2011, 07:36 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: It made sense. He's saying that having members vote on new members would let the respected members of SF in, supporting the purpose of this group.

This is getting too complicated. For now, I will decide who gets accepted.
The list of members has been updated.

If you have any questions regarding this matter, please refrain from posting on the thread and send me a private message.
Name: Archery
Country/State: Lafayette, LA
Skills:
Emotional Help
People skills
Gaming knowledge
Mostly all the sections here on Supportforums.
How you will contribute to the group: Since I am always active, I can help members/people on this forum much more then other members can do. I can keep this community a safe place, keeping all negative vibes away. Will make sure more posts are helpful, positive, & HQ'.

Thank you for your time.
Active
I thought I was in from when the thread started?... Sad

Am I still in?
★★★★★
Victoire
- Shock!
★★★★★