Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
SF Mentors
If we actually want this group to be something then I think the members should vote on who gets in or not.
(03-12-2011, 09:51 PM)Infinity Wrote: I think he might have meant that even if the post count was at 0, that he wouldn't accept low quality members anyway. I'll change his words to make it make more sense: "Who said that I was going to accept low quality members even if the post count was at 0 or 50? Meeting the requirements doesn't deserve a spot."

Post count isn't related to low or high quality members, you can have 1000 bad or good posts. And even those high quality members with a high post count had to have started with a post count at 0 at some point in time, and they might have also still been a high quality member.

This group has the potential to become a good idea to the forum if people don't abuse it.

Exactly.

(03-12-2011, 11:27 PM)Solitary Wrote: I would like to apply for this group at 300 posts, although i joined SF last year i have just been floating like a ghost and checking out threads. Ill start posting more.

Feel free to apply when you do reach the requirements.

(03-12-2011, 11:30 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: If we actually want this group to be something then I think the members should vote on who gets in or not.

For now, there will be only one leader. When we expand in the future, I will add you as one of the leaders.

Members who apply from now on will be carefully assessed.
Eh, I think I should be a leader too ;)

Nemmyy already runs Geek Squad lol

Man I have been busy lately...

Need to start getting my posts up.
★★★★★
Victoire
- Shock!
★★★★★
(03-13-2011, 07:27 AM)Shock Wrote: Eh, I think I should be a leader too ;)

Nemmyy already runs Geek Squad lol

Man I have been busy lately...

Need to start getting my posts up.

Trust me, you are far from being leader. Now that we have our requirements set and stone, let's see more applications, and less discussion!
(03-13-2011, 10:34 AM)Deltron Wrote: Trust me, you are far from being leader. Now that we have our requirements set and stone, let's see more applications, and less discussion!

Far from being a leader?

What are you implying there?

Only a few people who are active have over 300 quality posts.

This isn't going to get 10 members instantly.

Just my thoughts.
★★★★★
Victoire
- Shock!
★★★★★
(03-13-2011, 10:36 AM)Shock Wrote: Far from being a leader?

What are you implying there?

Only a few people who are active have over 300 quality posts.

This isn't going to get 10 members instantly.

Just my thoughts.

I am implying that I haven't seen you contribute anything but posts.
Going to give this a shot!

Name: Peter

Country/State: New Jersey

Skills: Where do I begin? For the internet:
  • I am good at running and starting forums.
  • I have common sense
  • I know basic php/html/css. Still learning php
  • I have been an admin/moderator on MANY big websites/forums. PM me for the list.
  • I give good support, and like a normal human ask for support when I need it. I give good support because I've been in a lot of situations people are in now and I got through it even stronger.
  • I contribute to SF

In real life:
  • I'm a people person, and funny
  • I'm pretty good as baseball
  • I'm good at writing poems/raps
  • I'm a confident person
  • I have an interpersonal intelligence

I have more skills, but I'm writing this quick. I'm not cocky either.

How you will contribute to the group: By doing what I do now. Report posts, help members when I can, post tutorials, post good discussions, and contribute my posts and insight.

Thanks.

EDIT: Wow this application looks very low quality. Sorry :X
(03-09-2011, 07:20 PM)Quinlan Wrote: Name: Michael [Quinlan]
Country/State: Pennsylvania, United States
Skills: Writing, Website Development/Showcase/Reviews, Monetization, ... General (OSHIT)?
How you will contribute to the group:
Remain an active member of SF
Promote and welcome new posters
Be open, answer any possible questions, and do so while remaining a HQ member

Sorry for the late response. We have updated the minimum post requirement to 200 posts.

Once you have met that requirement, please re-post your application and I would be glad to assess it once again.

(03-13-2011, 12:04 PM)Laugh Wrote: Going to give this a shot!

Name: Peter

Country/State: New Jersey

Skills: Where do I begin? For the internet:
  • I am good at running and starting forums.
  • I have common sense
  • I know basic php/html/css. Still learning php
  • I have been an admin/moderator on MANY big websites/forums. PM me for the list.
  • I give good support, and like a normal human ask for support when I need it. I give good support because I've been in a lot of situations people are in now and I got through it even stronger.
  • I contribute to SF

In real life:
  • I'm a people person, and funny
  • I'm pretty good as baseball
  • I'm good at writing poems/raps
  • I'm a confident person
  • I have an interpersonal intelligence

I have more skills, but I'm writing this quick. I'm not cocky either.

How you will contribute to the group: By doing what I do now. Report posts, help members when I can, post tutorials, post good discussions, and contribute my posts and insight.

Thanks.

EDIT: Wow this application looks very low quality. Sorry :X

Long time friend; accepted. I remember when you helped me out when I first registered here on Support Forums.

We would like to see some more tutorials from you in the future. You're very knowledgeable in many areas and I'm sure members could benefit from them.

(03-13-2011, 12:08 AM)Deltron Wrote: For now, there will be only one leader. When we expand in the future, I will add you as one of the leaders.

Members who apply from now on will be carefully assessed.

I'm not saying anything about leaders. What I'm saying is, if this group is supposed to be full of the best/most HQ members on SF then the members in the group should have a vote on who gets in.
(03-13-2011, 02:19 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: I'm not saying anything about leaders. What I'm saying is, if this group is supposed to be full of the best/most HQ members on SF then the members in the group should have a vote on who gets in.

No favoritism would become an issue, which is why I would also support this idea