Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
SF Mentors
I believe this group should be official. Great intentions Deltron!
SupportForums for promotion!
I nominate Sly, he is a Knowledgeable HQ member of SF.
He proved that he knows a lot in things PHP and I would like to have him in the Mentors group.
I honestly believe there should be a post requirement for this.
[Image: Nyan.jpg]
(05-15-2011, 11:40 PM)Gaijin Wrote: I nominate Sly, he is a Knowledgeable HQ member of SF.
He proved that he knows a lot in things PHP and I would like to have him in the Mentors group.

I'd agree, I saw him help you with you php, and he helped me with my perl bot with some regex. He's a fairly smart member, but what makes him qualify for this group is his willingness to help others really. Pretty decent guy Smile
(05-16-2011, 01:41 AM)NekoChan Wrote: I honestly believe there should be a post requirement for this.

Why would he need to post over 500 times just to get nominated, the guy is really great coder and perfect member for SF Mentors. IMO.... It's still up to Deltron to approve him.

(05-16-2011, 02:54 AM)Infinity Wrote: I'd agree, I saw him help you with you php, and he helped me with my perl bot with some regex. He's a fairly smart member, but what makes him qualify for this group is his willingness to help others really. Pretty decent guy Smile
QFT
I wasn't talking about him, was just giving a suggestion to the group leader.
Post count shows how active you are and your contribution to SF.
[Image: Nyan.jpg]
(05-16-2011, 08:35 AM)NekoChan Wrote: I wasn't talking about him, was just giving a suggestion to the group leader.

I apologize for misunderstanding you. Still post count doesn't really show active you are, I'm online almost everyday but I don't post every day.

I wouldn't mind the min post count rule, but there are people that just have skill and denying them membership just because of the post count wouldn't be fair.
Awwe, I love Sly Tongue He keeps me company in the IRC.
HJT Team. Deltron <3 RDCA <3 Quintus <3
(05-16-2011, 08:35 AM)NekoChan Wrote: I wasn't talking about him, was just giving a suggestion to the group leader.

That's not the point of the group, post count doesn't have to be a requirement for every group. Being active is a part of every group, but a mentor is basically in general most simply known as a "helper". Someone who can guide people around SF, and help with any issues they are having (in general). Most of the member issues are kept with the mods, and admin. I'd say the main point of this group is to become a willing person to helping another, not to have the most contribution or a really high post count, or really high rep.
What a great group but i will not participate because i am in some other groups Big Grin