Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congratulations on having over 1000 members!
(10-17-2009, 12:26 PM)Omniscient Wrote: Amusing..I hope within a year we hit 1 million posts but that's a lot to ask for. We need to start ranking in the search engines. Just 2 days ago Google finally indexed our home page properly. We have only 150 pages indexed and that needs to be 10 times that. Once we start getting search engine traffic I believe we can really start to grow. Websites now all depend on Google for that natural traffic. It's difficult to get a site popular by advertising and banners.

I have more SEO and promotion to do on this site but it's going to take some time.
Today morning, I realized that I can't see supportforums.net when I google supportforums.

And I hope we get 1 mil posts in a year, too.
(10-17-2009, 12:45 AM)PaNiK Wrote: Oh, dear! I saw that on SciFi one time! In the event of that happening, I want to see one celebrating 500,000 x 2 Big Grin

fudge yeah.
(10-17-2009, 12:31 PM)Headshot Wrote: Today morning, I realized that I can't see supportforums.net when I google supportforums.

And I hope we get 1 mil posts in a year, too.

Exactly. That's where SEO comes into play and I hope we can be #1 for that term.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
Congratulations to SF, more to come! Smile
I believe that it's more likely to be 2 years at least, as 1 may be stretching
it a little bit, although it's not an impossiblity and something I would like to see! But I don't think it will take much longer than 2 anyhow.
[Image: SF1d.gif]

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
------------------------------------------------------------------
IMO it is still too early to say, but nothing is impossible, and in that right we can say that SF is a very promising sight as long as we keep things running tight. Blackhat
[Image: wa3bbk.jpg]
Help us help you...
If we reach it within 2 years that's still very good imho. Anytime you can hit that million mark you have done well. HF at it's peak hit 9000 posts per day. At present we are doing 600+ post per day the last 4-5 days. We are very slowly steadying off. I'd like to do 1000+ posts per day but that might not return for a couple more months unless I can jumpstart membership with a promotion. But I am waiting for us to get better search engine rankings which to be honest might take 6 months. That's where most people fail...waiting for success. I have no problem with it as 6 months to me is nothing. I have run sites for years at a time and some never take off like FinalFantasyForum.com (hate that site). While some get ranked well and move fast. It's all about numbers and odds imho.

I think SF stands a better than average chance of being a hit. We already have great members, great content, great layout, and great categories. It's a winning combination. Now it's about rankings.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
It doesn't even come up for "supportforums.net" lot of work to do yet Big Grin
[Image: 531hf7.jpg]
Exactly. That's why the success of this site is all going to depend on getting ranked at this point. We could be in the "Google Sandbox" right now.
Altough I don't think people are going to google "support forums" They will be more specific? What audience are we targeting?
[Image: 531hf7.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Congratulations to Fragma! Peter L 33 4,372 10-11-2011, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Genuine
  Congratulations to Solidus Sam 50 6,999 06-14-2011, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Deranged
  Congratulations Sam The Elite 25 3,724 10-29-2010, 02:57 PM
Last Post: Sam
  Congratulations to Yin, HJT Squad Leader Eve 48 15,439 08-09-2010, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Kyuubi
  Congratulations SF 100k Posts! Sam 26 5,875 08-07-2010, 10:32 PM