Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google Chrome Help...
[Image: 8f20d0b1b29a62e5ca76e9f523ff319e.png]

Please help, every single time I try to open Google Chrome, it makes me use administrator privileges. Deleting a shortcut, then making it again wouldn't help. Neither reinstalling it or anything like that would work. Please help me find a way to make it start regularly, without having UAC involved in this. Also I think it might have something to do with the Registry hive.
[Image: t5BWm.png]
Was it always like this? Try reinstalling Google Chrome if it hasn't. Backup your bookmarks and make a new chrome profile.
I don't have this problem, but don't use chome... Nono
It's possible (probably) that you've changed access rights.

Right click the Executable and select properties, under the compatibility page, check if the checkbox run as admin is checked.
If it's checked, just uncheck it.
Disable UAC directly.
(02-27-2011, 12:16 AM)Deltron Wrote: Disable UAC directly.

He said he didn't want to do anything with the user account control in his first post.
(02-26-2011, 07:50 PM)Gaijin Wrote: It's possible (probably) that you've changed access rights.

Right click the Executable and select properties, under the compatibility page, check if the checkbox run as admin is checked.
If it's checked, just uncheck it.

I think this is the right way.
Both Gaijin and Deltron gave good solutions. In my opinion you should just disable UAC. There's really no point to it because it only really pops up when you're trying to install programs, etc.
(02-26-2011, 07:17 PM)L3g1tWa5te Wrote: [Image: 8f20d0b1b29a62e5ca76e9f523ff319e.png]

Please help, every single time I try to open Google Chrome, it makes me use administrator privileges. Deleting a shortcut, then making it again wouldn't help. Neither reinstalling it or anything like that would work. Please help me find a way to make it start regularly, without having UAC involved in this. Also I think it might have something to do with the Registry hive.

If its a Registery problem like you said you should download Tuneup Utilities
so far its nice works really well and has gotten rid of all my problems.
(03-03-2011, 02:44 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: Both Gaijin and Deltron gave good solutions. In my opinion you should just disable UAC. There's really no point to it because it only really pops up when you're trying to install programs, etc.

There is a point to the User Account control for security though. It gets annoying, but it's not completely useless. I for one, just don't use it, but that's my choice. It'll defend against a few unwanted installs on your computer without your permission. You don't want things being installed onto your computer without your knowing.
(03-04-2011, 03:22 PM)Infinity Wrote: There is a point to the User Account control for security though. It gets annoying, but it's not completely useless. I for one, just don't use it, but that's my choice. It'll defend against a few unwanted installs on your computer without your permission. You don't want things being installed onto your computer without your knowing.

I got it to work. Some virus programmed it to do that, and I fixed it. it was weird though. Under Shortcut Tab> Advanced Button is different then = Compatibility Tab > Run this program as an administrator checkbox. Oh the irony.
[Image: t5BWm.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Google Chrome Icon Approkill40 4 1,202 07-14-2012, 04:57 PM
Last Post: 'Snorlax