Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone going to Art Institute?
I'm most likely going to go to this school, but I just wanted some opinions on it before I actually decide for sure and know if the school is right for me. Well the school location won't be the same, meaning that the teachers and programs be different for sure. But I wanna decide so I can get a headstart before everyone.

What are
  • What are class likes?
  • What Programs do they have?
  • Pricing?
  • Other Recommendation?
No one can tell you what the pricing will be like, because I know it differs greatly between art institutes that you are looking at going to. It completely depends on the institute itself. I've taken some art courses in graphic design, but more of the modelling side. Things similar in a way to AutoCad, which i've also taken a few courses in which cost me quite a bit of money, but I did this on my own time, so my determination helped me pass with all A equivalents.

What are you interested in for an Art institute? Paint/sketch/graphic modelling or design? There's lots of areas that will change the price range i'm sure just from a guess.
(02-22-2011, 07:09 PM)Infinity Wrote: No one can tell you what the pricing will be like, because I know it differs greatly between art institutes that you are looking at going to. It completely depends on the institute itself. I've taken some art courses in graphic design, but more of the modelling side. Things similar in a way to AutoCad, which i've also taken a few courses in which cost me quite a bit of money, but I did this on my own time, so my determination helped me pass with all A equivalents.

What are you interested in for an Art institute? Paint/sketch/graphic modelling or design? There's lots of areas that will change the price range i'm sure just from a guess.

Yeah I'd thought I get that answer for pricing. I'm getting into Web Design, Graphics and New Media, Such as making videos and such.
All I can say is, you will enjoy it.
Do both of you go to AI? Cause I'm feeling alot little better, not alot of people in my school are going there.
Hey there,

Are you almost done with high school and want to get a head start into your art degree? What major are you thinking of going into? Right now, I'm attending http://www.artinstitutes.edu/seattle/ here in Seattle, majoring in graphic design. From my experience, it's been pretty good as your first year or so, you are taking the basic art courses to get a good background/history of art, in case you aren't too sure of what to major in.

In my senior year of high school, I wasn't taking many classes, so I actually enrolled in http://www.onlinegraphicdesigndegree.com/ and took some beginning graphic design courses online to get a better start of the major before I really dived in. It really gave me a head start when I went to college because I had already had an idea of what I was doing and just helped me take the college courses a little easier. Depends on your current experience/knowledge though, it might be helpful to take some art courses before you head into your 4 year degree.

Like I said, not sure what major you're looking into but AI's design program is really great: http://www.artinstitutes.edu/seattle/design-502.aspx whether you're looking into an associate or bachelor's as well. But do know that ANY art school is going to take MUCH more time and work for projects...it's just not read a book, take a test and get a grade. It takes a lot of outside of class project time and effort to succeed with art teachers as your graders.
My brother went to PAI, which is Pittsburgh Arts Institute.
I thought it was great school but price is very high...
[Image: iAHg.png]
I sound like Morgan Freeman
(03-07-2011, 03:41 PM)martin425 Wrote: Hey there,

Are you almost done with high school and want to get a head start into your art degree? What major are you thinking of going into? Right now, I'm attending http://www.artinstitutes.edu/seattle/ here in Seattle, majoring in graphic design. From my experience, it's been pretty good as your first year or so, you are taking the basic art courses to get a good background/history of art, in case you aren't too sure of what to major in.

Thanks alot man! I'm looking into video editing, photoediting, and web design basically new media. Right now I'd say I'm alot better in photo editing than most of the kids here. Video it's getting there and fro web it's good as well, I just don't know how to code the website. But I'm learning HTML, XHTML, CSS and all that things.

And a question how did that online school work for you? As in when did you start to enroll in the program and how much did it cost you? Cause if it's free and you're age is pretty much like mine with good enough requirements I'll totally join. And you're American I'm guessing being Seattle, so would a Canadian be able to?