Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Motivation When Creating Websites
Hello All,

As some know, I love creating websites. I tend to create websites for other people, which is fine. I get on with it well and have had success on every website I have created for someone else so far.

However... I still create websites. I love them, but I am seriously losing motivation for websites I create. Ages ago I started on a fan site of the kids game "Roblox", as it has a large community and a lot of revenue from adverts can be earned too (at the end of the day a business is there for profit) - I mean ages ago. I have not completed it to this day. I ain't even started adding boards yet. I have lost motivation. I just browse the internet and play games when I should be working.

Does anyone have any "Tips" to help get motivated on creating my own websites again? This lack of motivation cannot go on much longer.

-Groovy
I have the same situation here,you ever heard for site "99designs" maybe? It's the site where you design banners/logos/buttons/websites for cash.
I used to make 2 sites everyday,but now i don't even going on that sites.I lost motivation to work,i dont know why.
Listening to music while making websites helped me alot to get motivation,maybe you should try that too?
Good luck!
I love creating websites also, it's easy to do but when there is a lot of members it gets harder.
Hey, Thanks for the responses. I do listen to music and it lightens my mood, but I still slack off and I need a way urgently to get all of that motivation back. If I don't soon, not only will the website and the user support behind it be wasted, but Ill start falling back on school work too. Its not alot of users that buggers me, as moderators can assist, its simply I cannot focus on one task. Its really annoying.
Yeah, I've always had similar problems. I just can't get focused, even when I'm motivated.

I've found that I do the most work not when I force myself to, but when,, I'm without Internet (for distractions) or I'm under great pressure from a deadline. Even just working/"partnering" (someone who, for example, has some sort of vested interest in the project) with someone else who can create those deadlines for me helps me finally get motivated.
Want to discuss Google's new Nexus 7 tablet?
Want to try and win Google Play credits and Nexus 7 cases?

Nexus 7 Forums
Set yourself a schedule and stick to it.
Dont give yourself alot of time to code your sites. Just small blocks of time.
There are programs around that can remind you when each block is due to start etc.
For example if your at school still then you might want to allocate 2 blocks of time for that and 2 for coding sites and a further 2 for game play etc etc.
I will try find the program i used to use. It really does make time management a lot more simple.
Motivation comes and goes IMHO. So schedules prevent this being a factor. (assuming you can stick to schedule)
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Thanks for your replies guys, Glad to see others have the same issue. Its not good that we do have the issue, but its nice to know I am not alone. Please find that program damink! Tongue
http://www.theactionmachine.com/
Thats the program i was talking about.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

I don't use a program like that at all, but for motivation, just start listening to some suitable music. I have specific playlists set to make my programming seem to pass by quicker, and it helps my pace and thinking no doubt. I just incorporate that same level and style of learning, and working into my other computer related work.

Music is a great way to get the motivation going. You could get inspiration by looking at other sites as well, check out some of the flash sites that are available for public view on the internet and maybe you like how they laid out the menu or did a certain javascript for the fade in a drop down menu? Things like that are also good. Don't copy other sites, but see what you can come up with. If you dont' know how to do something I like doing research to figure out how to do them myself, and the accomplishing feeling in the end is pretty rewarding if you've never done something before.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues in creating an account with Gemini Exchange supportjaxx 0 292 11-22-2019, 10:51 PM
Last Post: supportjaxx
  Your usernames [Other Websites] Laughynose 12 1,129 06-05-2011, 05:47 AM
Last Post: BlackChaos
  unblocker websites? haphazard 3 1,474 01-25-2011, 03:28 PM
Last Post: Resistance
  How to Keep Your Motivation High? rominekarte 3 426 07-04-2010, 11:47 PM
Last Post: allenrocnhi
  What's some weird/strange/bizzare websites? cheeseburger 21 5,022 05-23-2010, 11:29 PM
Last Post: cheeseburger