Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My grandparents died.

Assuming this is the appropriate place to post this, i'm going to post it because it's going to relief some depression.

If you're assuming this is a troll, i recommend you don't open this spoiler. As for the bit that are actually interested , and without flame, i recommend you open it . Thanks.

How can i overcome the depression ..
First of all: I'm extremely sorry for your loss
Also consider that eveything has an end, whether it is good or bad. As for your grandfather, I can only say that the love between him and his wife caused him to end his life like that. While it is natural to grief, know that they are now together again and are watching you and your family from heaven/oblivion (depends on your religious views). In short, they are at peace now.

If you need any assistance with your current state of mind, or if you might be considering doing something harmful, shoot me a PM and I'll try to help you.
"Why judge a life you can't change?"
You are an important person who deserves to be happy.
I'm not suicidal, in any way. I also realize there's an end to everything. I'm just looking for a solution to cure this depression. Anything that reminds me of the time i used to spend with my grandparents makes me think about them. It makes me think of how depressed i become.
Well there isn't really anything except just random things that take your attention off of the situation.
"Why judge a life you can't change?"
You are an important person who deserves to be happy.
Wow sorry to hear that mate.
It often happens when one elderly partner dies the other either dies from natural causes or ...... well what we have here.
I really feel for you mate. And your whole family. Unfortunately your grandfathers actions will have long reaching effects on your family i hate to say it. There will be lots of questions as too why.
All i can say is this mate.
Let yourself grieve. Dont be afraid or ashamed or whatever too grab your mum and have a cry with her.
You need to let these feelings out mate. Sure its going to hurt. And for a long time.

Focus on the wonderful things they did in life. Not the last moments mate.
I feel for you! Good luck.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

First off, I would like to say I'm terribly sorry for your loss.

I advise that you try not to think about it so much. I understand that it is scary, and even traumatizing, of the thought of your grandfather committing suicide and your grandmother passing away in a car accident, but you need to understand that they are in a better place. Your grandfather is now with your grandmother, and will be happy together.

If you feel bad, talk it out with your mother and her fiance. She is going through the same situation, and it is probably even harder for her.

My condolences.
My thoughts are with you and your family.

In terms of practical steps, a psychiatrist can prescribe medication to help you cope with the trauma. Medication helps to put some emotional distance between you and the incident, the logic being that you can plan the healing process.

As much as you may want to, don't underestimate the trauma or isolate yourself. Speak to a trained counselor in person or via a hotline. Spend time with your parents and trusted friends. Soothe yourself if you feel stressed, by walking, mild exercise or music.
Trust in the Lord and be of good courage.
without reading any replies, here is mine:

Sorry for your loss, and I've luckily never experienced death with my BEST friend or a CLOSE relative so I can't tell you how to cope with the pain. I suggest just doing other activities and sports to get your mind off it. Support Forums is a good way to get support, but reading people's depressing posts only brings you down so I suggest leaving here for a bit. That doesn't mean the depression isn't natural, though. Crying is not a weakness, so cry. It helps.

Also, you mentioned the things they bought for you..this may sound rude, but is that one of the reasons you will miss them the post? I'm only basing that off what I read to possibly help you.

EDIT:
Also, we don't know if he is Christian or not so don't mention the Lord to save him from him misery. k?
Sorry for your loss man, really Grandparents are the closest thing you have to real parents.
I only have one grandparent left, my Grandma. I don't know what I'm going to do when I lose her.

You have to remember the good things about them, don't think they died and they're gone.
Think they have moved on from this life, to a better place. Just do things to keep your mind off it, I know it will seem like everything relates to them some how. But just stay strong man, you will get through it.
[Image: baked1.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Parent died, gf unsupportive chef222 2 742 04-18-2013, 02:48 AM
Last Post: chef222
  My father nearly died, girlfriend was totally unsupportive, I am beside myself... voar 6 2,806 09-06-2011, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Hardware
  my sister just died nomomydont 5 742 08-14-2011, 12:52 AM
Last Post: Akinova
  He died, April 20th 2011. Delicious 21 2,999 04-25-2011, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Crimson
  Dad died one year ago from today pics included Sunshine State 13 3,829 04-17-2011, 11:18 AM
Last Post: Methanity