Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Did I make the right decision ?
Ok so I had this girlfriend, she was awesome. Really cute and really nice, she was awesome to have but we were two to total opposite people.

We had fun while it lasts but I just couldn't get rid of the doubt inside of me. I just knew it that she wasn't right for me, I think she thought otherwise.
We are only 16 so it's not like we were going to stay together forever.

We liked each other but I thought a stoner that chills with friends all the time,
isn't right for a sports girl that likes going to school and hanging with her friends there.

I broke up with her and I thought it was the right decision, she was a little confused for a while but I explained to her why.
Her friends hated me for a while but I think that she told them what I told her, they respected me for my decision.

So I ask you Supportforums, did I make the right decision ?
[Image: baked1.png]
How long did you two go out? It was mature of you to end it because you were opposites, but she did seem like a pretty nice girl.
(02-21-2011, 07:55 PM)Baked Wrote: Ok so I had this girlfriend, she was awesome. Really cute and really nice, she was awesome to have but we were two to total opposite people.

We had fun while it lasts but I just couldn't get rid of the doubt inside of me. I just knew it that she wasn't right for me, I think she thought otherwise.
We are only 16 so it's not like we were going to stay together forever.

We liked each other but I thought a stoner that chills with friends all the time,
isn't right for a sports girl that likes going to school and hanging with her friends there.

I broke up with her and I thought it was the right decision, she was a little confused for a while but I explained to her why.
Her friends hated me for a while but I think that she told them what I told her, they respected me for my decision.

So I ask you Supportforums, did I make the right decision ?

Like I said in the IRC, I believe you were mature enough to make the decision and prevent yourself or her from being hurt. There will be other girls my friend, keep on trucking.
"Why judge a life you can't change?"
You are an important person who deserves to be happy.
To be honest, I don't think your conflicting personalities should get in the way of a relationship.

This may seem a bit ridiculous to reference to, but if you've ever seen the movie Knocked Up, the two main characters are totally different. You may be able to relate to their situation, putting aside the plot.

Anyways, you shouldn't assume that your relationship is one that won't last. I believe you should give the relationship more time, and thought before actually breaking up with her. It may be something special.
I think you did make the right decision.
I don't think this is a question you could really ask SF. Everyone will give you a different answer depending on how they feel about it and there really is no definite answer. If anything, I would agree with Deltron in a way.
My opinion? People who have completely opposite personalities can still have a successful relationship, and I personally believe that those personalities shouldn't get in the way of a relationship. A relationship depends how much you care about the person, how much you like their personality and a few other things. Depending on what you consider a successful relationship, I have had a few in which both me and my partner had completely different personalities. I think you could have given it a shot and you would have been able to prove your own doubts wrong. I felt the same way when I got into a relationship before with someone who was different from me, but now I can't believe that.
tl;dr: Next time, give it a shot.
(02-22-2011, 06:09 AM)iTz Realiity Wrote: I don't think this is a question you could really ask SF. Everyone will give you a different answer depending on how they feel about it and there really is no definite answer. If anything, I would agree with Deltron in a way.
My opinion? People who have completely opposite personalities can still have a successful relationship, and I personally believe that those personalities shouldn't get in the way of a relationship. A relationship depends how much you care about the person, how much you like their personality and a few other things. Depending on what you consider a successful relationship, I have had a few in which both me and my partner had completely different personalities. I think you could have given it a shot and you would have been able to prove your own doubts wrong. I felt the same way when I got into a relationship before with someone who was different from me, but now I can't believe that.
tl;dr: Next time, give it a shot.

I asked SF this question to see there thoughts, I knew there was going to be different thoughts from everyone. But that is what I wanted, I like using empathy and I like letting others use it on me, I was asking this question to see what "you" would do in this situation.

(02-21-2011, 11:44 PM)Deltron Wrote: To be honest, I don't think your conflicting personalities should get in the way of a relationship.

This may seem a bit ridiculous to reference to, but if you've ever seen the movie Knocked Up, the two main characters are totally different. You may be able to relate to their situation, putting aside the plot.

Anyways, you shouldn't assume that your relationship is one that won't last. I believe you should give the relationship more time, and thought before actually breaking up with her. It may be something special.

I have seen that movie and that's why I gave it a shot, I just seen it as not working out. That movie is a good reference but they had a kid, totally different situation. We went out for about 3 months and I just always felt doubt inside me, as Knight told me. " Doubt is a bitch " and I couldn't live with it, so I thought I would be mature and end it before it go to far.

Thanks for posting your thoughts guys, really means a lot to me.
[Image: baked1.png]
IMO, You shouldn't, As you and your partner should have opposite characters. and remember "Like poles rebel, Positive poles attract"
I believe it was the right decision because of opposites.

Eventually you two would have probably started fighting and then you broke up with a bad mood going and everyone would hate each other.

Does this make sense?
★★★★★
Victoire
- Shock!
★★★★★
(02-23-2011, 03:05 PM)Shock Wrote: I believe it was the right decision because of opposites.

Eventually you two would have probably started fighting and then you broke up with a bad mood going and everyone would hate each other.

Does this make sense?

Or maybe they could get along?
We shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, If they already started feeling this relationship wasn't going anywhere then a break up would have been the right decision.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A hard decision Confused 10 1,669 05-28-2011, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Confusedhatter
  Was This The Right Decision ? robbiecee2 12 1,546 08-11-2010, 11:06 AM
Last Post: B00B4N3T